Salary CNY1500000 - CNY2000000 per annum
Consultant Philip Annor
Date posted 24 March 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
This Chinese automotive brand is looking for a Deputy CFO to drive business at this critical turning point of the organisation. Reporting to the CFO, this role provides an excellent platform where Chinese innovation meets both local and international markets. This is by all standards an exciting platform. This role is based in Shanghai.
As a key member of the strategic management team, you will provide thought leadership and financial advice on business priorities to enable financially sound, effective and efficient business decisions. You will actively maintain a strong internal control environment to support operational excellence.
- Reporting to the CFO, your scope will be but not limited to guaranteeing all the accounting, financial planning & analysis, treasury, tax, controlling and cash flow activities in order to provide continuous support to the management decision-making process.
- Strategy & Decision Support
- Participate in all strategic decisions, which will have financial implications for the business
- Advise corporate executives on different options of best utilising company assets, including new investment and divestment, and executing investment / divestment projects
- Responsible for the company’s long-term financing and cash flow policy and strategy
- Lead monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc forecasting; establishing and communicating process deliverables and driving execution
- Stewardship, Risk and Control
- Create a control and compliance environment to protect the organisation while overseeing full tax compliance with PRC regulations.
- Own the enterprise risk assessment framework and internal control environment to ensure risks are identified and reduced to a level acceptable to the Executive Committee, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors
- Stakeholder Management
- Maintain good relations with major stakeholders and manage an effective communication with investors
- Lead capital acquisition, being the front-runner in negotiations with banks and potential investors
- Liaise with all finance related external partners – auditors, banks, tax bureau & regulatory bodies
- Leadership & Organisational Development
- Assess and develop the finance function in line with business requirements
- Partner with business leaders and the finance community to identify business key performance indicators, developing and adapting forecasting as necessary
- Develop, supervise and motivate various subordinate teams to ensure high quality of work and talent strength.
- Minimum 10 years of work experience with at least 5 years in Finance Directorship or equivalent senior finance leadership role.
- Solid experience within the automotive industry is preferred.
- Capacity to develop and maintain senior level relationships and provide direction and influence at that level
- Excellent ability to adapt to different cultures & worlds - Mandarin is mandatory plus fluency in English
- Power user of relevant finance software, ERP systems and Microsoft office tools
- Team worker with strong leadership in turning around and developing a finance function
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or other related areas, plus MBA focusing on Finance; having a professional qualification such as CPA, CMA, AICPA, and ACCA
- Entrepreneurial; comfortable working in an ambiguous environment, passionate and driven
About the Organisation:
This Chinese automotive brand has had its fair share of ups and downs but is poised to delivery positive results moving forward. It's a new era in this organisation and a perfect time to get on board. This is by all standards an exciting opportunity.