Mergers & Acquisition Manager
Salary CNY600000 - CNY700000 per annum
Consultant Philip Annor
Date posted 30 May 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
Based in Shanghai and reporting to the M&A Director, you will play a key role as a business partner in this exciting organisation to drive the corporate development targets of this organisation.
About the role:
You will use your business acumen and strategic thinking to drive the mergers & acquisition projects of the organisation. This role has a path to succeed the M&A Director in a few years.
- Implementation of Group strategic initiatives in China, including the re-organisation of the business and the partnership, overall project planning and monitoring (schedules, budget, milestones, KPI monitoring etc.), Valuation (in case of M&A), corporate structure and operation optimisation planning (carved-out, assets transfer ,equity transfer etc.) etc.
- M&A and strategic initiative in China: alignment with Business Group for acquiring criteria, target screening and approaching (signing of MOUs and LOIs), financial statement review and Due diligence (assets appraisal and audit) on the targeted company, business plan and valuation, deal price/structure negotiation and execution (deal documents, listing process when state-owned assets involved, anti-trust clearance when market share threshold reached
- Market assessment, competitor landscaping and bench marking (annual issuance of Competitor Landscape for Group Board review), M&A committee preparation, Group CEO business review preparation
- Partner alliance: JV board preparation and handle the ad-hoc topic with the JV partners
- Ad-hoc mission: Government relationship maintenance etc.
- Relate with key stakeholders such as China Legal Counsel, China President, Global Strategic Planning Team, etc
- Over 7 years’ experience starting from Big 4 with in-house corporate experience; experience in strategic consulting firm would be great
- Bachelors degree must; MBA or Masters Degree is great to have
- High potential with excellent interpersonal communication and influencing skills
- Must speak and write fluent English
- Strategic thinking and ability to communicate with board level and C-Suite executives
About the company:
This leading automotive components manufacturer and supplier, partnering to all automakers worldwide. As a technology company, this company proposes innovative products and systems that contribute to the reduction of CO² emissions, the improvement of vehicle performance and to the development of intuitive driving. As of today, the group operates with 82,800 employees spread around 134 production sites, 17 research centres and 35 development centres in 30 countries.