Sr. Manager/Director, Corporate Development and Global M&A
Salary CNY900000 - CNY1200000 per annum
Consultant Philip Annor
Date posted 25 June 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
This role takes on a crucial position within one of the most well known US MNC’s in the world. You will be responsible for new business development, Partner interface, contracts negotiation and relationship management, evaluating corporate development initiatives in autonomous and EV technologies. You will also perform Strategic and competitive analyses. This role is a key part of the Senior Management Team.
New Business Development
- Identify and develop new business and growth opportunities, including on-going monitoring of industry and competitive activities including autonomous driving and EV technology
- Establish strong rapport/business relationships with partners to facilitate communication between external partner organizations and corporate
- Work with partners and/or Public Policy and Government Relations team in engaging government representatives/agencies to seek support to address project issues, including negotiating/seeking government approval support for projects, etc.
- Lead and drive project discussions and negotiations with business partners/government agencies, track progress and manage interfaces
- Provide leadership for cross-functional teams to drive and support project-related activities, e.g., frame issues, strategic options, develop solution scenarios, provide directions for various aspects of functional support, including due diligence, etc.
- Drive project management activities by working with business partners and various corporate and/or JV functional organizations in the execution and implementation of projects, including organizing and leading project management team meetings as required
- Develop regular status reports and actively communicate progress of new initiatives with management and peer groups to achieve consensus and support as required
- Identify key issues and address bottlenecks to ensure timely resolution and progress, and develop recommendations to support senior management decision-making
- Strategy development for China and specific initiatives, track implementation progress and key issues, and develop updates
- Project Management of company initiatives including managing large cross-functional teams
- Maintain contacts with external market and competitive intelligence resources and work with other Functions to develop competitive intelligence
- Develop strategic and competitive analyses in conjunction with Portfolio Planning and VSSM teams, and provide assessment of strategic and business implications
- Frame and coordinate preparation of management briefing materials, reports and presentations as required
- Track key business/operational issues and frame discussion documents for senior management
- Frame/develop strategic discussion materials for leadership meetings with alliance/JV partners
- Align global functional and JV counterparts on business/strategic planning issues.
- Lead the team in negotiation of various agreements (Licensing, Engineering Service Agreements, Co-Developments and other cooperation agreements) with existing partners and JVs as well as new partners
- Be a key contact with partners and JV representatives
- Lead negotiation of new agreements (License, Engineering services and similar) and manage existing agreements
- Identify and develop areas of future cooperation with existing and new partners
- Be recognized as one of the key players in interfacing with partners and become a “bridge” for different cultural approaches
- Bachelors degree from a reputable university, majoring in business administration, international business, finance, engineering, economics or marketing fields
- Minimum of 10 years working experience, preferably in automotive, finance or related industries, or business consulting
- Prior experience in new business development, M&A activities, business consulting or management of complex projects preferred
- Domestic China work experience a must, overseas work experience a plus
- Strong Chinese and English oral and written communication skills to be able to independently lead discussions with Chinese partners/government agencies and global corporate/foreign partners; additional language capabilities will also be advantageous
- General IT proficiency, e.g. familiarity with MS Office computer such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Good understanding of Chinese and global auto industry
- Automotive product knowledge an advantage
- Self-starter and takes initiative in leading/driving activities
- Effective communicator in written and oral form
- Attention to details, analytical and strategic in thinking
- Mature and capable of handling highly confidential information and able to interact comfortably with people at various levels of seniority, both internally and externally
- Dynamic personality and able to lead/energize teams
About the Organisation:
This multibillion dollar US MNC is a business which has a significant brand presence both in China and overseas. It’s hosts an environment well suited for candidates who are tenacious, curious and ambitious. In addition China is one of the strongest performers year-on-year within the group and you will be joining a high performing team that sets the standards for the group worldwide. As an added advantage, this organisation boasts a highly robust rotation platform with employees regularly rotating every 2-3 years, not only within finance but cross functionally and internationally.