Senior Legal Counsel
Consultant Sean Li
Date posted 15 February 2019 2019-02-152019-04-16 education-and-training Shanghai CN 200040 CNY 600000 750000 750000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.cn
This is a full-scope legal counsel position working at a world renowned multinational organisation.
- Manage and lead corporate structuring, business model and licence structuring, project financing, work hand in hand with Business Development department from conception of new lead up to closing of a new project.
- Draft and negotiate project agreements with developers, business partners, government, etc.
- Areas of practice include education laws, corporate law, finance and banking, intellectual property, employment, marketing, real estate and leases, construction, dispute resolution, crisis management.
- General corporate: provide corporate advice on various types of entities and the workings of the various organs of the entity (e.g., advice on shareholder rights, directors’ duties, shareholder and directors’ meetings), process corporate transactions (e.g., share issuance, share transfer, change of directors and shareholders), corporate registrations and annual compliance filings.
- Compliance: provide advice on risk management, policy drafting, training, compliance review and recommendation. Areas of compliance include: licence conditions, contractual covenants with government and developers, financing covenants, privacy, anti-bribery, local regulatory compliance.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 7-10 years’ post-qualification experience in China.
- Ability to lead and close transactions (including new projects, financing deals, etc.). Candidates are required to have thorough understanding of commercial and financial terms, and how such terms impact on legal liability, project risk exposure and project viability to be able to negotiate effectively.
- Demonstrate high degree of self-autonomy and initiative to generate bespoke agreements, decide on acceptable risk levels and derive solutions.
- Ability to independently learn, inquire and embrace the laws, policies, interpretation and implementation in different jurisdictions and in different fields.
- Effective communication and project/deal management skills to lead inter-departmental coordination and manage external counsel team.
- Fully bilingual in Chinese and English.
About the Organisation:
Our client is a world renowned organisation in the professional services sector.