Commercial Finance Manager
Salary CNY600000 - CNY750000 per annum
Consultant Philip Annor
Date posted 24 March 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
An exciting opportunity has become available at a leading Fortune 100 MNC for a China Commercial Finance Manager. In this role, you will lead both credit & collections as well as commercial analysis. Based in Shanghai, you will report to the China Finance Director.
- Responsible for providing analytical support to Sales, Finance, and other business teams in regards to Channel and Customer pricing performance against agreed upon contractual commitments
- Track sales forecasts against targets and understand related risks and opportunities against completion of targets.
- Review all contracts for commercial and Controllership risks, work with Sales to structure deals to minimise commercial, currency, and tax exposure and optimise cash collection, revenue recognition and global compliance.
- Investigate & evaluate customers’ credit, and grant/suggest credit terms/limit to customer accordingly; lead AR Accountant to perform collection and risk management, improve DSO and minimise bad debts.
- Provide leadership to the overall Credit, Collection and AR function and make sure the function is properly organised, staffed, developed, motivated.
- Formulate China commercial finance and credit risk control strategy.
- Lead AR Accountant to perform collection and risk management, improve DSO and minimise bad debts
- Maintain and update customer master files, review existing credit terms and limits annually.
- Control credit status and release deliveries according to approved credit terms, limit and credit release authorisation
- Bachelor’s degree with Major in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in Finance with roles in credit control and AR management.
- Excellent interpersonal, communicational and negotiation skill
- Fluent English, both Spoken and Written
- Excellent analytical and Excel skills
About the Organisation:
As an S&P 500 company, this is an employer of choice for candidates who enjoy an autonomous but fast-paced and collaborative environment. Talent development is something this business take seriously, bringing in new candidates not just on the basis of the role at hand but in respect of their long-term growth potential within the company. This company holds itself and its staff to the highest standard, so is ideal for candidates who are organised, self-motivated and work best in an environment where teamwork and a focus on mutual achievement is prised.