Regional Finance Director (APAC)
Salary CNY1000000 - CNY1300000 per annum
Consultant Philip Annor
Date posted 24 March 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
In this genuinely exciting role, you will be the Regional Finance Director (Asia Pacific) at one of the world’s leading educational publishing companies based in New York with 170 years of combined history. This is a truly exciting opportunity to positively impact the education industry. Reporting to the Global Accounting & Reporting Director, you will be one of the key Finance Leaders within Asia Pacific.
This role covers the corporate market footprints in Greater China (Mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau), Korea and Southeast Asia (Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam).
- Responsible for the preparation of financial statements and statutory accounts in line with group/ local accounting standards and where necessary as required by tax/local authorities.
- Ensure timely reporting to the Group at month/year-end at the highest quality and in line with group accounting standards.
- Ensure statutory, and tax compliance/reporting and risk assessments for all legal entities at any time.
- Manage all record keeping and audit process within the framework set by Group Accounting, external auditor and government agencies.
- Maintain and manage relation with local banks.
- Manage relation with external accounting services to ensure data and report quality, timeliness and are in compliance with our policies.
- Work closely with group finance/tax function with regard to audit, tax, cash-flow and currency and risk management.
- Drive and manage integration/harmonisation in the finance function across the region
- Assist with problem solving in all areas of Finance to ensure a smooth running of the operation.
Business Support /Organisation
- As part of the regional leadership team, this role helps the Regional Managing Director in formulating, supporting and executing strategic plans for new business opportunities, including acquisitions and investments in new locations and publishing technology.
- Support the setup of new business models, including establishing effective processes and resourcing for accounting for these new revenue streams.
- Support the regular business forecast/budgeting process
- Work closely with heads of the global and local business units/ service functions and also the respective counterparts at Management Reporting, Planning and Analysis to manage practices and to allow efficient reporting, controlling and comprehensive analysis.
- As part of the global compliance organisation, manage compliance efforts, ensure strong Anti-Corruption, Bribery and risk management procedures
- Advise non Finance colleagues of financial requirements and group policies, and help them interpret financial information they receive.
Management & Leadership
- Manage the Finance team ensuring that the most timely and accurate information possible is provided with the resources available.
- Hold annual performance review/appraisals, and regular catch-up meetings to monitor performance against agreed goals.
- Plan available resources according to business needs.
- Help Evaluate finance systems infrastructure and work with Global Finance and Technology on the roadmap for future systems investment.
- Drive and manage development of local finance systems to increase the effectiveness of accounting and maintain a level in line with business requirements.
- Prepare for future migration opportunity to the global SAP system.
- Qualified chartered accountant with experience of working within global companies based in China (with regional responsibilities) at a senior level, preferably in the media sector and have had both central (corporate) and divisional (operating) experience
- A strong technical accountant with passion for well-organised administration, process discipline, controls, training and best practice in Finance.
- A manager who is able to handle complex issues and multiple projects simultaneously, and manage tight deadlines.
- A commercial minded Finance professional with an intuitive grasp of business economics and business strategy.
- An independent employee required least supervision and used to remote management and working in a global organisation/environment
- High intellect, with exceptional skills for data analysis and interpretation, both for new opportunity/deal evaluations, and measurement of operational performance.
- An excellent communicator, including clear, imaginative and persuasive presentation and influencing skills. Fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese is mandatory.
- An independent-minded individual with an energetic and collaborative disposition.
- Knowledge of academic publishing; new publishing technology and business models would be valuable but not essential.
About the company:
This is one of the world’s leading educational publishing companies based in New York with 170 years of combined history. This is a truly exciting opportunity to positively impact the education industry. This company really values the finance organisation and it's role in driving business.