Finance Director (Beijing)
Salary CNY1200000 - CNY1500000 per annum
Consultant Philip Annor
Date posted 30 May 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
In this exciting position, your key mission will be this: providing end-to-end finance expertise and leadership to the businesses, supporting decision-making and driving performance. You will report to the China Finance Head and be based in Chaoyang, Beijing China.
About the role:
- As a member of the leadership team, lead the financial decision making process to maximise bottom line growth for the company by ensuring that all business and strategic decisions are supported by robust, timely financial analysis
- Through active participation in the creation, development and implementation of the strategy, ensure clarity of the financial impact, including evaluation of new businesses and models
- Through an appropriate balance of short, medium and long term financial planning and monitoring, drive the effective and efficient delivery of business goals with sound financial analysis and advice
- Provide management with sound risk based analysis on potential impacts, implications and propose potential ways to mitigate risks on key economic and commercial exposures
- Co-create the strategy with the business & ensures the financial effects of alternative strategies are understood, drive development and implementation of the strategy
- Lead and drive a broad change agenda to deliver business growth together with the global, regional or country leadership team
- Lead resource prioritisation and allocation discussions across functions in the company through effective financial analysis and insight, challenge and resolve conflicts, discrepancies and inconsistencies in resource management.
- Through assessment of key market indicators, provide strategic foresight and recommend mitigation options to potential risks / exposures
- Support the assessment of M&A options with relevant parties (including Corporate Finance) and works closely with the relevant leadership teams to integrate recent acquisitions into the ongoing operations.
- Work with leadership team to create breakthrough strategies and plans, and to project the effect of how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace
- Review monthly reports & understand material deviations from strategy and forecasts. Recommend remedial options
- Utilising key agronomic and macro-economic indicators, deliver short, medium and long term financial planning and monitoring. Drive the effective and efficient delivery of business goals with sound financial analysis and advice
- Through effective business partnership demonstrate how finance can add value to maximise bottom line growth
- Provides input into transactional team of any service related issue arising from business clients
- Provides functional expertise in key strategic projects, including obtaining appropriate internal &external approvals
- Actively participate in the relevant Finance Career Development Group (FCDG) to support the identification and development of talent, including succession planning, also responsible for ensuring their teams have clear development plans supported by appropriate learning & coaching interventions
- Critical Knowledge:
- A graduate Qualified Accountant i.e. CIMA, ACA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent depending on degree, with 15 years experiences in senior finance management roles , deep understanding and knowledge in business across R&D, commercial and production & supply.
- Critical Experience: related working experience in seeds industry with M&A background
- Critical Functional Competencies (Skills/Capabilities): A good understanding of commercial finance gained first hand in a multinational company environment in China. A thorough understanding on the application of compliance controls and risk environment. Practical experience of a significant business change/growth or capital project, ideally having operated in a project steering group role. A sound understanding of accounting &reporting. Broader management experience obtained as Board of Directors/country management team or similar management body.
- Other key competencies,
- Results orientation
- Independence & influence
- Initiative and self-starting
Critical Success Factors And Key Challenges:
- Providing finance expertise and advice to the businesses, supporting decision-making and driving performance
- Driving use of risk management tools & techniques
- Developing financial modeling techniques
- Increasing understanding of product and commercial strategy
- Learning how to manage and meet the demands of key stakeholders
- Generating new insights to influence strategic thinking
- Developing a high level of influencing & negotiation skills
About the Organisation:
This leading multinational is at the cutting edge of science and technology aimed at meeting the world’s present and future food needs. They provide products and solutions to help farmers achieve global food security for a growing population, sustainably. The culture is amazing; everyone is passionate about making a difference in the world.