Sourcing - Finance Manager
Salary CNY450000 - CNY600000 per annum
Consultant Nicole Shen
Date posted 11 May 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
This is a globally-known FMCG company located not far from the city center. Here you will enjoy the collaborative company culture as well as progressive career development scheme.
- As Sourcing Finance Manager, the candidate will provide financial support and analysis by serving as a business partner to maximise opportunities and mitigate financial risks, ensuring visibility and accuracy on procurement and robust performance and cost analysis, covering both direct and indirect purchases.
- The individual will be responsible for enhancing performance reporting, including KPIs that are essential to meeting planned objectives, and internal controls, ensuring compliance with all internal and external financial reporting and accounting requirements. This role will partner closely with the Global Sourcing Finance organisation, headquartered out of Nyon, Switzerland, to drive global initiatives and deliver high quality, standardised financial analysis and insights.
- The professional will be a key business partner for the procurement function in driving strategic projects related to procurement in Asia and being responsible for the financial analysis and insights.
- The priorities for this role also includes, being able to support key contract negotiations, drive the budgeting and forecasting process with procurement (aggregate spend, inflation, coverage, cost savings, etc.) and help drive a culture where procurement is future focused to mitigate any risks and constantly be aware of any opportunities.
- Specific Responsibilities
- Sourcing Finance
- Assessing financial aspects of all procurement recommendations/ initiatives
- Financial evaluation and compliance of significant 3rd party contracts with the company guidelines and policy / financial requirements
- Link with global sourcing – on planning and forecasting (aggregate spend, inflation, coverage, cost savings)
- Interface between category buyers, plants, market commercial teams
- Holistic Margin Management
- HMM loss elimination/Cost savings across direct and indirect spending categories
- Bench-marking and gap analysis
- Savings delivery including forecasting & reporting
- Business Partner
- Develop a strong working relationship with procurement / sourcing local senior management team and global sourcing finance team
- Providing sound and independent financial advice to key business decisions
- Ensuring company strategies are accurately and timely communicated and business decisions are consistent with it
- Active participation in management meetings and presentations
- Business Reporting
- Translate business knowledge into meaningful, accurate and timely management reporting for use by local team and global sourcing team
- Satisfaction of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements of the local business and Global Sourcing center
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting with a focus on business analytics and strong financial analysis experience
- A progressive and stable career with prior experience of managing finance for a Procurement function is a must
- Excellent analytical skills, strategic mind-set with strong business acumen.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of initiative and independence and act as a professional business partner with a hands-on approach.
- Ability to accomplish results through matrix organisation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in English and Chinese.
- Ambition to develop finance career at the company, including ability to work in multiple markets and lead diverse teams.
- Critical Competencies
- Results Orientation – the successful professional should have a demonstrated a history of pursuing his/ her goals with resilience.
- Collaboration and Influencing – they shall not only have the proven ability to rally the team, internal customers, partners and peers around a challenge with positive energy in such a way that even tough solutions seem reachable, but also be a team player, able to build solutions in alliance with other employees and develop effective work relationship with the professionals. It will be critical for this professional to navigate well in an environment of a matrixed, multinational company.
- Technical Competence in Procurement Finance – The ideal candidate will have an exceptional track record in procurement finance, preferably in consumer goods, and to have served as a business partner.
- Excellent oral, presentation and written skills in both English and Chinese is mandatory
- Comfort in communicating at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to present discussions in an organised and concise manner