Revenue Recognition Manager, (IFRS15/ASC606)
Salary Up to CNY800000 per annum
Consultant Philip Annor
Date posted 03 August 2018 2018-08-032018-10-02 it No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
The Zone Revenue Recognition Manager provides leadership, development and direction in structuring corporate multi-element transactions to comply with software revenue recognition rules with specific reference to IFRS 15 (Revenue from Contracts) and corporate financial policies while maximising revenue and providing solutions to complex sales issues. Based in Shanghai, this role reports to the Global Senior Finance Director (based in London).
- Supporting Sales and Legal teams to provide exceptional pre-execution revenue recognition guidance for large and complex multiple element arrangements, unique situations and new business models (Including; Cloud, SAAS, Managed Services)
- Review documented revenue accounting treatment that summaries the specifics and conclusions of the transaction - overseeing the preparation of post deal documentation to support conclusions
- Reviewing Sales transaction for violations of Stand Alone Selling Price/VSOE (SSP) and guiding sales on adjusting pricing approach to conform to SSP banding
- Proactive involvement of coaching and supporting the Legal Entity CFO’s, Zone Revenue Analysts and Sales Teams to ensure policies are applied consistently across regions
- Actively reviews, analyses, and manages the key controls within the domain of responsibility to ensure compliance with legal and accounting requirements (IFRS, and corporate Financial Reporting Guidelines)
- Develop training materials and provide ongoing training to business finance, sales and operation teams
- Experience, Knowledge/Qualifications
- Exceptional knowledge and practical application of IFRS 15, Software Revenue Recognition principles.
- Over 8 years of experience working as part or leading a Revenue Recognition Team
- University degree and Professional Accounting certification (US CPA, CIMA, ACA)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Apply common sense to situations and deal with variable and complex information
- Confident approach when dealing with internal customers
- Ability to work with and be a part of an international team
About the Organisation:
This is world-leading provider of product life-cycle management and manufacturing operations management software; it is an easily recognised name in the work of manufacturing and manufacturing software. You will work in a high performing team with a collaborative culture with promising career opportunities.