Commercial FP&A Manager, Asia
Salary CNY550000 - CNY600000 per annum
Consultant Philip Annor
Date posted 08 May 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
This is one of the truly dynamic Asia commercial financial planning & analysis positions within a fast paced environment. Directly reporting to the Asia FP&A Director, the objective of this role is to drive business and gradually ready yourself for future senior finance level positions.
- Monthly reporting – prepare the periodic reporting pack for monthly close for internal / management reporting. Prepares and analyses weekly, monthly and quarterly management reports to identify issues / opportunities and develops recommendations for corrective actions.
- Budgeting/Forecast process – drive the process during budgeting and forecast through the preparation of templates and consolidation and loading of information. Supports country’s annual budget and quarterly forecast process.
- Weekly Sales Forecast and SG&A Management – ownership of regional the sales forecast process and work with local finance to track SG&A expenditure and tasks as necessary.
- Support Asia FP&A Director to drive process excellence in streaming the forecasting process, improving forecast accuracy and quality, and tracking country FP&A KPIs
- Take proactive analysis on commercial / promotion activities, challenge and analyse the business dynamics and drivers and meanwhile provide constructive opinion to Asia FP&A Director to drive and exceed financial performance.
- Reviews and challenges the country Sales, Margin and OM forecasts to ensure they are well supported and justified.
- Leads and or coordinates specific or ad hoc analysis and projects across the countries and or functions as assigned
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance essential. MBA / CIMA / CPA / ACCA preferred.
- 10 years minimum Finance work experience, at least 5 years FP&A experience in a global corporation
- Strong knowledge of MS Office with advanced skills in Excel & PowerPoint
- Solid background in financial analysis in a commercial environment
- Strong verbal & written communication skills in English
- Good interpersonal & influencing skills to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Highly organized with the ability to complete multi-tasks in a timely manner
- High team spirit and commitment, systematic and target-oriented working style
- Must possess high level of integrity and a positive working attitude
- Business Acumen: Demonstrates a strong business focus and stays abreast of the market, competition and methods to improve customer profitability.
- Financial Acumen: Demonstrates understanding of how organizations achieve profitability targets.
- Results Driven: Ensures efforts are focused on the activities that positively impact business results. Exhibits a “performance mentality” by displaying the appropriate sense of urgency in accomplishing goals and takes corrective actions to ensure that critical projects achieve results.
- Collaboration: Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships. Facilitator in assisting company to achieve goals.
- Communication: Understands people’s differences in communication and is able to articulate messages at all levels, directive approach to message. Listens to other people’s point of view and incorporate into message
- Customer Focus: Making customers and their needs a primary focus. Actively seeks information to understand customers’ circumstances, problems, expectations and needs. Considers how actions or plans will affect customers; responds quickly to meet customer needs and resolve problems; avoids over commitments.
About the organisation:
As an S&P 500 company, this is an employer of choice for candidates who enjoy an autonomous but fast-paced and collaborative environment. Talent development is something this business take seriously, bringing in new candidates not just on the basis of the role at hand but in respect of their long-term growth potential within the company. This company holds itself and its staff to the highest standard, so is ideal for candidates who are organised, self-motivated and work best in an environment where teamwork and a focus on mutual achievement is prized.