Consultant Philip Annor
Date posted 11 January 2017
Stolle Machinery, one of the global (USA-based) leaders of packaging machinery manufacturing has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Controller to be based in Shanghai. This is a full function finance role that covers tax advisory, planning and compliance, treasury, audit, accounts receivable and payables as well as I.T.
As the Financial Controller, you will be manage, direct, administer, control, utilise resources, and efforts to maintain information on the finances of the company while ensuring compliance. You will also monitor budgets, costs, expenses and investigate any anomalies.
- Responsible for analysing, reporting and presenting monthly results against budgeted and prior month information to the Corporate Office in Centennial, CO.
- Preparing, Reviewing and discussing reporting package for consolidation purposes.
- Internal and external audit support.
- Review of the financial statements and footnotes prepared in accordance with USGAAP
- Identification of tax burden reduction opportunities and tax compliance focusing on mitigating tax legislation risks.
- Responsible for the costing department in the definition of transfer pricing, standard absorption rate, mark-up calculation and analysis of business segment information;
- Supply Tax compliance advisory throughout the Company.
- implementing the international procedures in connection with the markets best practices such as Sarbanes & Oxley;
- Monitoring CAPEX and reviewing Financial evaluation for capital projects;
- Coordination of the physical inventory count;
- Managing Accounts Payable , receivable and treasury affairs mainly focused on cash flow management;
- Following up the fulfillment of the tax obligations based on local government requirements;
- Liaison with all business areas providing advises and assuring the consistency of the procedures in the light of accounting and tax rules.
- Support the high level decisions locally through thoughtful inputs based on financial, accounting and tax acknowledge and mitigating eventual risks;
- Monitor the IT functions along with Parent Company IT area.
- Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned.
- BA of Accounting/Finance, Accounting certificate
- 15+ years’ experience in a stand-alone manufacturing plant; 5 years of supervisory experience
- Public Accounting Experience a Plus.
- Strong skills in Microsoft office, and ERP systems
- Good investigative, research and presentation skills
- Able to disseminate complex info and present to mixed audience
- Collaboration and interpersonal skills required
- Maintains education on updates in the field
- Able to counsel others in motivating ways.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
About the organisation:
Stolle Machinery has about 150 years of history and their products and brands are present in most packaging settings. This role provides a wide scope for overall career development.