Financial Controller (Minhang/Songjiang)
Salary CNY4737295.43 - CNY5167958.66 per annum
Consultant Philip Annor
Date posted 05 March 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
This company is a leading international organiser of exhibitions and conferences. As the Financial Controller for China, you will be based in Shanghai Songjiang and report to the Regional Finance Director (foreigner). The Group is well known for its events in emerging markets across a number of industry sectors. Today, it organises over 240 trade exhibitions and conferences each year in 18 countries and employs over 1,000 staff in 31 offices worldwide. The company's main focus is business-to-business exhibitions and conferences. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
This role wil require you to:
- Be strong-willed and thick-skinned; able to communicate and influence all partners within the joint-venture; able to manage both upwards and downwards
- Be technically qualified with relevant certifications; able to upskill the finance organisation and team when it comes to processes, systems, policies with the ability to navigate the bureaucratic landscape of doing business in China
- Have the right attitude and relevant skill set to work hand-in-hand in the design/execution of transformation efforts in ITE Asia. This means outstanding leadership and hands-on management from commercial finance, tax, treasury, financial planning and analysis, audit as well as accounting and reporting
- Be commercial; able to act and the key point of contact when it comes to everything finance-related, as well as provide adequate business partnership to relevant stakeholders as well as the Regional Finance Director
- Be comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to change and embrace flexibility (working in joint-ventures and wholly owned ITE entities) in order to pioneer processes and raise the standard to that of a listed multinational organisation. An entrepreneurial mind-set that allows for effective change management and implementation (from an organisational and cultural perspective) will be critical to this role.
Specific Critical responsibilities:
Internal Control & Process Improvement
- Perform the accounts review and balance sheet audit for each Asia location and make sure all financial report are compliance with Corporate policy;
- Review monthly package for individual JVs as per regional (APAC) requirements;
- Assist internal control and compliance policy implementation. Drive local controllership to remediate any known control deficiencies and / or internal audit findings in a timely manner.
- Coach and train cross functional workshops in order to deploy all related internal control procedures, create new procedures when needed.
- Identify and implement business process improvements as well as implement standards.
- Build relationship with JV management team to ensure the appropriate accounting and controls are in place and current;
- Support conversion of JVs to be same standard as Regional & Group level requirements;
- Ensure data integrity between corporate financial system and local ledgers for each location;
- Support efforts in future set ups of new ERP systems;
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Critical Experience: JV and listed MNC experience. Audit experience is a plus.
- High level of spoken English; line manager is from the UK. Solid communicator
- Critical Functional Competencies (Skills/Capabilities):. Strong preference or experience with MNC and JV integration experience. Area headquarter or financial report consolidation experience will be a plus. Proven business acumen
- Thorough understanding of technical accounting issues, PRC GAAP, local tax and compliance regulations
- Solid experience in the JV business environment and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the JV's and the JV partners.
- Comfortable in dealing with complexity, ambiguity and risk.
- Ability to multi task, and obtain results.
About the organisation:
This group provides and amazing platform. The Group is well known for its events in emerging markets across a number of industry sectors. Today, it organises over 240 trade exhibitions and conferences each year in 18 countries and employs over 1,000 staff in 31 offices worldwide. The company's main focus is business-to-business exhibitions and conferences. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange.