Project Controller, Automotive
Salary CNY450000 - CNY700000 per annum
Location Pudong Xin Qu
Consultant Philip Annor
Date posted 29 March 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
An exciting new Project Controller role has just become available in a leading European automotive MNC. Reporting to the Business Controller, you will need automotive plant project controlling experience with an commercial mindset to succeed in tise role. This position is based in Shanghai Pudong.
- Oversee project return on investment and profitability; payback
- Conduct regular CAPEX historical data comparison/analysis, KPI and CAPEX forcast
- Financial control of BOM (Bill of Materials) Costing
- Support Business/Operations Controller on Project Budget Overall Controlling, tracking and forecasting;
- Lead financial analysis, estimation and potential risk / opportunities identification concerning financial information;
- Overhead controlling: make sure overhead spending is compliant with budget
- Testing Project spending delivery results by using financial models;
- Monitor and prepare for monthly cash flow management report on a monthly/annual basis;
- Ensure cash flow forecast to manage the short-term impact on entity's overall project position due to expected and certain unexpected cash flows;
- Forecast & Analysis: prepare reasonable financial forecast (P&L Forecast and free cash flow forecast...)for the management's decision and provide analysis report for the variance between actual and forecast
- Project Finance team management and support
- Bachelor or Master degree holder in Finance or any related disciplines
- International profile, working experience in Asia, Europe and the USA, strong background in finance and projects
- Experienced finance professional in a high tech/industrial company with real understanding of sales–engineering–industrialization–operations functions; preferably in a global operating company linked to an oversees headquarter
- Lean/Six sigma skills or experience is preferred
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Takes a high level of independent responsibility and decision making on a day to day basis with a high degree of personal accountability and in alignment with Headquarter strategies
- Demonstrates keen sense of priorities, inspire others with forward looking orientation
- The ability to think strategically, be well versed in systems, and translate a vision into influencing critical process improvements and initiates new activities;
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations as well as connecting people
- Should have 5 or more years’ experience project finance function in a medium or large size international company as well as proven operational responsibilities.
- Knowledge of a major ERP system is a preferred.
About the organisation:
This is a leading European automotive MNC, which is growing rapidly worldwide. They provide an excellent platform for career development.