Salary CNY500000 - CNY600000 per annum
Consultant Philip Annor
Date posted 24 March 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
A fast growing automotive components MNC has an exciting opportunity for a Program Controller to join their expanding team. Located in Shanghai, you will report to the Director of Business Controlling and will be charged with establishing the program controlling framework for the company. Please apply directly or share within your network
- Lead the Program controlling activities of the ambitious and aggressive growth strategy China and align with other program controllers on global scale for your key account programs in alignment with Headquarter strategic plans.
- Provide financial guidance to ensure solid business cases on new programs in line with internal policies and procedures to ensure sound control is developed and maintained.
- Co-pilot to provide financial transparency to Regional Program management
- Collaborate with the other Regional Program Controllers, Corporate Financial Planning& Analysis and Regional Chief Accountant in optimising performance management
- Demonstrate ownership and responsibility for developing value adding support and analysis.
- Ensure full integrity of all aspects of the financial information reported
- Provide financial status of the technical programs collecting, interpreting, and reporting key financial data to the management team
- Uses forecasting and trend analysis data to guide initiatives
- Use scenario analysis to drive balanced business and operational decisions
- Support program management in providing sound analysis and insights to facilitate better decision making
- Challenge program management on the ongoing programs to secure structural profitability
- Providing sound business cases, cost analysis, margin analysis, product and customer portfolio analysis in close co-operation with the Supply Manufacturing and Business Development departments
- Bachelor or Master degree holder in Finance or any related disciplines
- Experienced finance professional in a high tech/industrial company with real understanding of sales–engineering–industrialization–operations functions; preferably in a global operating company linked to an oversees headquarter
- Lean/Six sigma and FMOS skills or experience is preferred
- Good understanding of international business practices, legal and fiscal legislation, finance and business control, business ethics and way of working situation
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Takes a high level of independent responsibility and decision making on a day to day basis with a high degree of personal accountability and in alignment with Headquarter strategies
- Demonstrates keen sense of priorities, inspire others with forward looking orientation
- The ability to think strategically, be well versed in systems, and translate a vision into influencing critical process improvements and initiates new activities;
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organisation and with staff at remote locations as well as connecting people
- Should have 5 or more years’ experience in project / program management in a multinational tier I automotive company as well as proven operational responsibilities.
- Excellent English skills (written and verbally)
Management style & key competencies required:
- Strong communication, networking and presentation skills
- International profile. Good understanding of cultural differences and how to create working synergies
- Ability to speak with confidence at all levels of the organisation and with relevant stakeholders
- Energetic, result oriented, forward-thinking individual with appropriate ethical standards and professional image
- Solid business sense and challenging/critical approach to be a real business partner to all stakeholders
- Leader, capable to inspire commitment, lead change and deliver results
- Developing self and others, empower people, coaching skills, networker
About the organisation:
This is a leading European automotive MNC, which is growing rapidly worldwide. They provide an excellent platform for career development.