Commercial Finance Manager, Regional (Minhang)
Salary CNY550000 - CNY600000 per annum
Consultant Philip Annor
Date posted 24 August 2018 2018-08-242018-10-20 manufacturing-and-production No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
This world-renowned chemical giant is looking for a Regional Finance Manager, Commercial. In this business partnership role reporting directly to the Regional Commercial Finance Director, you will be instrumental in the growth of their business within the Greater China Region. This role is based in Shanghai.
In this position, you will serve as an active member of the Commercial leadership team in Greater China (China and HK). You will provide business partnering support to the China/HK Commercial Director and his team to drive delivery of value and financial targets.
You will also lead, develop and support the Commercial team in China/HK to achieve their operational and strategic objectives through business decision support such as financial evaluations of projects, project financial modelling, development of key performance indicators, monitoring tools and reporting system, processes and various ad hoc business analysis.
- Support short to long term strategic projects of China / HK through business case analysis, financial models development
- Developing, tracking and variance analysis of key performance measurements. This includes periodic performance reports covering areas such as volume, sales, margin, commercial fixed cost, and capital expenditures
- Manages and controls all FP&A activities for all commercial operations in China / HK to ensure consistent application of financial treatment that are in accordance with TE HQ directives
- Oversees the preparation of the annual budgeting activities as well as monthly Forecast / Gain Loss Tally
- Work with cross functional team leads in establishing the Volume, Sales to net margin, Fixed Cost, Headcount data for Budget & Forecast
- Work closely with HQ / GRT to ensure all policy guidance are duly reviewed and implemented across all commercial operations
- Create a systematic and comprehensive approach to the construction of a consolidated annual budget
- Establish a system that continuously updates the financial forecast so as to reflect actual and changes in operating environment
- Acts with honesty and integrity, following the highest ethical standards; complies with all audit and legal regulations
- Lead, initiate and drive continuous improvement in business processes
- Professional Bachelor degree in Accountancy
- Big 4 or client facing experience (in a sales support role) would be a plus
- More than 8 years post qualifying experience. Must possess extensive experience in planning, management reporting
- Hands-on experience in budgeting process and modelling is a must
- Good appreciation of spreadsheet application and strong Financial Analysis skills
- Must have supervisory experience
- Communicates easily in English and Chinese both verbally and in writing
- Travelling is required, sometimes on a short notice
About the organisation:
This is American multinational manufacturer and marketer of chemical products for consumers and industrial customers such as BMW, GE, Chevron, Procter & Gamble, and Unilever. They brands are truly renowned names. Internally, the provide opportunities for career development rotation, attractive benefits as well as personal growth.