Technical Accounting Lead, APAC (Big 4 Mgr must)
Salary CNY500000 - CNY700000 per annum
Consultant Philip Annor
Date posted 15 May 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
It's not everyday that such an exciting role becomes available; this is truly a rare opportunity to help save millions of dollars by making sure that this MNCs books are in order. China is one of the strongest performers year-on-year within the group and you will be joining a high performing team that sets the standards for the group worldwide.
About the role:
Supporting the company’s International Operations – Controller Group, the role will be responsible for technical accounting review and SEC reporting of the Company’s Business Units (BUs) in Asia, Arica, Australia and Europe. This role will involve in various accounting review and will coordinate technical accounting issues by directly working with each business unit Controller group, finance organisation and business/operational teams. The individual is also responsible for identifying, developing, and implementing best practices throughout the region.
- Review and research various technical accounting issues using experience in U.S. GAAP
- Perform technical accounting review of complex/significant transactions (complex contracts, unusual transactions, etc.) including contract review and prepare accounting position papers and obtain proper approvals
- Provide assistance to business teams in their understanding of accounting implications and impact of transactions/contract terms having on our company’s financial positions
- Assist with the implementation of new financial reporting standards (U.S. GAAP), SEC rules and regulations and other related accounting standards via corporately published Controller Circular Letters (“CCLs”)
- Provide relevant US GAAP technical accounting guidance to BUs, including appropriate accounting treatment, research and conclusion on accounting issues
- Coordinate and review all Corporate SEC reporting requirements
- Assist to provide training sessions to BU staff and Controllers to improve the accounting knowledge of BU staff
- Subject Matter Expert of US GAAP
- Big 4 Manager level preferred
- Working experience in USA is a plus; ability to work in a multi-cultural team
- At least 7 years of working experience
- Fluent spoken and oral English
About the organisation:
This multibillion dollar US Automotive MNC is a business which has a significant brand presence both in China and overseas. It hosts an environment well suited for candidates who are tenacious, curious and ambitious. In addition China is one of the strongest performers year-on-year within the group and you will be joining a high performing team that sets the standards for the group worldwide.