Consultant Will Qian
Date posted 10 May 2022shanghai accountancy-finance/in-house-legal 2022-05-10 2022-07-09 legal Shanghai CN Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.cn https://www.robertwalters.cn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This is a totally new role in oen of the leading medical device MNC, report to APAC head.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team delivering best in class privacy and data protection counseling to ResMed’s digital health technology organization, product development and commercial business teams to ensure our products, services, platforms and technology delivered by those teams are in compliance with applicable data protection laws and incorporate privacy by design industry best practices
- Drive and manage large-scale innovative privacy solutions across the organization working directly with business and engineering teams where at times, you will be a compliance expert, project manager, advisor, collaborator. You will partner with Commercial Legal, Privacy Compliance & Risk Management, Information Security, business and engineering teams to develop guidelines, standards, and guard rails for designing innovative privacy solutions across the business
- Build and maintain scalable and effective processes for providing privacy legal input to clients and standards for strategic initiatives related to core infrastructure, privacy by design, data governance, artificial intelligence and machine learning and cross-functional projects, review, draft and negotiate data protection agreements, standard contractual clauses, business associate agreements and other cybersecurity agreements
- Collaborate with the Commercial Legal team and Privacy Compliance & Risk Management team to ensure we offer consistent guidance on key areas that cross the organization such as data governance, data retention and deletion, anonymization/pseudonymization of data, cross-border data transfers, data security, privacy by design and artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Coordinate with members of the Government Affairs & Market Access team to help evaluate the impact of evolving legislative and regulatory environments for data protection on ResMed’s various business teams and monitor and respond to developments on relevant international laws and regulations, especially those related to cybersecurity, artificial intelligence and machine learning, privacy and data governance
- Contribute to and provide data protection and data governance training and awareness programs, particularly those focusing on new data-related legislation and privacy trends
- Support privacy due diligence and data protection related matters as part of M&A activity and post M&A integration
- 6+ years of relevant privacy law and/or data technology or data security experience, including at a top-tier law firm and/or prior in-house experience preferably in the digital space, health technology, consumer healthcare, the medical device industry and/or technology sector with understanding of software development process
- A law degree such as a J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and good standing in a bar association or equivalent
- Strong knowledge and experience of global privacy laws, regulations and industry guidelines and data protection frameworks such as HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules (US), GDPR (EU), CCPA (US), PIPL (China), LGPD (Brazil), ISO 27001, HITRUST and/or NIST
- Exceptional communication and project management skills, including a strong desire and ability to make complex topics understandable for various audiences
- Excellent executive functioning, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Solution-oriented with the ability to think strategically and give practical advice by balancing business needs with legal risks
- Experience advancing projects in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience drafting and negotiating privacy related contracts
Salary: NegotiableLocation: ShanghaiDate posted: 13 June 2022Provide comprehensive and advanced in-house legal support to companies in Greater China.
Salary: CNY40000 - CNY60000 per monthLocation: ShanghaiDate posted: 06 June 2022Our client is a very well-known asset management company. with great team and good business, all over the world. Currently We are hiring a Senior Compliance Manager role, which help to support overall compliance works.
Salary: CNY300000 - CNY600000 per annumLocation: ShanghaiDate posted: 06 June 2022Our client is a well-known MNC trading company, with good business across China. Currently, they are hiring a Senior Legal Manager, this role going to lead one junior legal and reporting to enabling function head.
Salary: CNY300000 - CNY600000 per annumLocation: ShanghaiDate posted: 01 June 2022Our client is a well-known MNC trading company, with good business across China. Currently, they are hiring a Senior Legal Manager, this role going to lead one junior legal and reporting to enabling function head.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: ShanghaiDate posted: 07 May 2022We are looking for a senior legal advisor for a 100-year-old European company with a great corporate atmosphere and benefits as the head of legal in China.