Accounting Operation Manager
Consultant Elaine Huang
Date posted 27 November 2018 2018-11-272019-01-26 accountancy No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.cn https://www.robertwalters.cn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Our client is a world leading insurance company.
- Assist Finance Manager in preparation and analyse quarterly management financial results for the branch ensuring the information is meaningful, accurate and timely. This includes close attention to the balance sheet, cash flow & profit and loss
- Support Finance Manger to facilitate quarterly local GAAP reporting to the regulator/government stakeholders (Dept. of Statistics, State Administration of Foreign Exchange), including all P&L and balance sheet positions, gross and net retrocession
- Ensure sufficient documents support for payment and reimbursement of expenses and that the expenses incurred are in compliance with company policy
- Independently review general ledger entries for the payments made and post the entries in Global template accurately by GL accounts, cost center codes and etc. as required
- Ensure all accounting records are properly recorded, reconciled, documented and maintained.
- Support to maintain a strong financial corporate governance environment in Beijing Office and ensure compliance with Head Office/Greater China policies, procedures and controls including accounting, tax, treasury, and other Head Office delegated authorities
- Support in VAT related tasks including monthly filing and reconciliation, Invoicing Management and withholding tax clearance and reporting
- Assist in maintaining a strong day-to-day Finance and Treasury Operations
- Liaise with Banks, regulators, tax authorities, Head Office, Regional Office and other MR Branch Offices
- Participate in ad-hoc projects.
- Manage interfaces to internal stakeholders e.g. business divisions, shared services, etc. on accounting/finance related matters
- Work collaboratively with auditors to ensure a smooth external audit
- Keep abreast of the development of applicable laws, rules and regulations
- Relevant professional qualification (i.e. excellent university degree in Accounting/Commerce, chartered accountant or equivalent) with suitable experience
- Good knowledge in China GAAP accounting requirements and familiar with SAP systems
- Minimum 8 years experience within financial accounting sector
- Good interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Result-oriented way of working in a challenging environment combined with openness
- A good team player with a willingness to share knowledge
About the Organisation:
- A world leading insurance company.