Operation Product Specialist
Salary CNY300000 - CNY500000 per annum
Consultant Elaine Huang
Date posted 11 May 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
The Company Operations Team is responsible for all aspects of operational support associated with our high net worth and institutional asset management teams. Responsibilities would include the set-up, maintenance and exception monitoring of security master across all products and ensuring data quality in the trading and accounting platforms across the firm as well as the timeliness, completeness & accuracy of securities pricing/valuation data.
- Responsible for set up, maintenance and review of securities in trading and accounting systems.
- Manage and maintain pricing data across all product types and internal systems.
- Analyse exception reports detailing price discrepancies and variances over a defined tolerance.
- Work with internal sources and external vendors on price verification.
- Analyse current business practices and procedures and define and implement processes and procedures to ensure data integrity.
- Help to define and document policies and procedures, including the designing and documenting of process flows across multiple functions within Operations.
- Identify and manage the resolution of data quality issues, recommending appropriate corrective action.
- Assist in setting up Service Level Agreements with business partners, scheduling the work to meet expectations.
- Responsible for producing quality and quantity metrics measuring performance.
- Timely escalation of issues and resolution to Senior Management.
- Bachelor degree, B.S or B.A.
- Experience in Financial Services / Asset Management Operations, especially around security data.
- Knowledge of Equity, Fixed Income, Derivatives and Leveraged Loans.
- Understanding of data management and data platforms.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a concise and objective manner to both technical and business audiences.
- Excel knowledge a must.
- Excellent team player able to work with virtual and global cross-functional teams
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Bloom-berg preferred; experience in platforms like Aladdin and Charles River a plus.
- Effective time management skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and function well independently in a dynamic, changing environment
About the Organisation:
The Company Operations Team is responsible for all aspects of operational support associated with our high net worth and institutional asset management teams. Responsibilities would include the set-up, maintenance and exception monitoring of security master across all products and ensuring data quality in the trading and accounting platforms across the firm as well as the timeliness, completeness & accuracy of securities pricing/valuation data. The candidate should be able to perform the necessary facilitation, analysis and design tasks related to the development of Master Reference Data & Pricing solutions for equities, fixed income and derivatives. This candidate will also work directly with portfolio managers, traders, IT, and other operations groups on security data and pricing matters.