General Counsel, China
Salary CNY500000 - CNY800000 per annumFULL_TIME
Consultant Philip Annor
Date posted 25 October 2018 2018-10-252018-12-24 automotive No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040
As the General Counsel for China, you will be the go to person for all matter Legal in this critical role. This role is based in Shanghai.
- To support day-to-day legal and compliance activities on all kinds of legal affairs with a special focus on advising and coaching the Sales and Purchasing organization in China on commercial customer and supplier contracts, license and IP agreements. warranty issues, product safety and liability matters, real estate and facility management contract, state aid contracts, and finance contracts.
- The in-house counsel will also be responsible to enhance and manage the electronic contract management system "Effect" in China and develop contract checklists, templates and standard terms and conditions in collaboration with the Senior Legal Counsel Europe and under the supervision of the GC.
- Main point-of-contact for all contractual legal matters regarding Corporate group entity operations in China and for the JV operations in China.
- Managing outside counsel relationship in China in a cost-efficient way. Providing legal training to the operational teams Corporate Group entities in China.
- Filling the role of Compliance Officer Corporate China.
- Mid to senior level lawyer with a minimum of +5 years relevant broad internal PQE from the Automotive( or similar) industry and from private practice in China
- Bilingual Proficiency in English and Chinese(French would be a plus)
- Strong business and technical acumen and business partner lawyer with a focus on driving solutions in a hands-on, pro-active, practical, diplomatic and cost-efficient fashion.
- Very good communications skills.
- Experience with handing multiple complex matters simultaneously and to work under high pressure and a fast-pace cross-cultural environment.
- Experience with setting up and managing electronic contract management systems, e-Learning training platforms in China.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in advising on international anti-bribery and anti-corruption matters in Asia
About the Company:
This leading automotive components manufacturer and supplier, partnering to all automakers worldwide. As a technology company, this company proposes innovative products and systems that contribute to the reduction of CO² emissions, the improvement of vehicle performance and to the development of intuitive driving.