Consultant Vera Shen
Date posted 27 September 20192019-09-27 2019-11-26 fmcg Shanghai CN CNY 200000 300000 300000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.cn https://www.robertwalters.cn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The General Manager Retail (Non-Principal) is responsible for managing the business as a whole with P&L, OWC and Marketing & Sales delivery objectives.The GM represents the company in the country and leads the statutory country board of the country. The GM reports directly to the Regional ExCo member and leads a management team of business and functional heads in the country.
About the role:
- The General Manager is responsible to build and expand the business in the country in alignment with the P&L and OWC responsibilities.
- The General Manager executes the country’s business strategy in terms of growth, profitability (including pricing strategy) and market share, as part of the company’s global growth strategy, in line with financial and non-financial performance targets as set by the ExCo (e.g. in AOP, sales & marketing, ZBB goal, overall cost management, process efficiency (in sales & marketing, S&OP/IBP, supporting functions)
- The individual has in-depth knowledge of the local market and advises the Regional Business Head/ExCo Member on the (long term) vision to devise acquisition and growth strategies for the business.
- The General Manager should enact upon and implement the (commercial) integration plans (including organisational design and restructuring) as set by the ExCo
- The General Manager ensures the optimum positioning of global and local brands in the country within the set growth and cost targets and central guidelines, in order to deliver sustainable sales growth and financial targets in the short and medium term.
- The General Manager executes for results and continuously seeks opportunities to exceed the set sales and marketing, as well as supply chain management targets.
- The General Manager should implement the sales and channel strategies for all categories, brands, products, and market segments in conjunction with central guidelines.
- Moreover the General Manager has local brand responsibility and should develop and execute plans to organically grow existing brands by tapping into new distribution channels in the local market (in conjunction with central guidelines).
- The General Manager has responsibility in managing finished goods and therefor implements adequate control measures to align output of supply chain managers to the local business objectives.
About the people:
- 10 years of international (commercial) experience.
- Proven track record of initiating and driving change successfully in previous functions.
- Managed a category or country in a FMCG company, and have a solid experience in food products and category management.
- A successful experience as a marketer of products which are emotionally important for the end customers. Marketing expertise is essential in all its dimensions, strategic and operational.
- Successful executive experience in a company focused on growth. - Proven experience in financial and cost management (e.g. P&L, OWC).
- Experience in managing integration.
- Has the power to communicate the strategy in a way that is easily understood by all employees and generates enthusiasm. Cuts through complexity and ambiguity by sound logical judgement. Balances forward thinking with immediate competing demands.
- Thinks, acts and behaves like an owner. Conducts self with unquestionable integrity and promotes this by all employees. Has an entrepreneurial mindset and creates an environment of calculated risk-taking and experimentation
- Holds self and others accountable for business results and how they are achieved. Has an optimistic “can do” approach. Provides focus and drive to overcome obstacles and get the results we want.
About the company:
My client is for more than 265 years, have been inspired by the belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee.