Business Unit Manager
Consultant Eric Xu
Date posted 02 November 2018 2018-11-022019-01-01 fashion No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040
An exciting Business Unit Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected global companies based in Suzhou.
- the BUM will help strategize the best production options (FOB vs. CMT) as well as chose the best possible production facility in terms of technical / geographic / scale / price parameters to allow for the development of a long term cohesive and competitive supply chain. Share views on such impactful factors (raw material price fluctuations, FX, labor) and adequate remedies. Competitive mapping: identify comparable companies and their customer base, competitive advantages and specific resources for best practice development
- The BUM is responsible for the realization of the cost budget and KPI's set for the garment division and will report on a monthly / seasonal base on the realized KPI's to the Group CEO
- human resources
- the BUM Concordia garments is responsible for the overall structuring and staffing (selection, recruitment) of his/her team at optimeter levels vs. activity. He/she is responsible to comply with local social legislation and local practices in order to ensure a compliant social governance at all time.
- he/she sets the team's and individual goals. He/she provides feedback, acts as a coach and manages the (annual) evaluation process for the teams. The BUM Concordia garments is responsible for the growth and development of his/her team members
- business development
- liaise on a regular basis with the customers in Europe to increase Concordia market share of the customers' total sourcing. Identify potential customers from production in our factories, and their current sourcing solutions with brief SWOT on Concordia advantages. He/she will give full support to the HQ based Sales Team and will join customer visits or presence on trade fairs as requested by the sales team or Group CEO
- the BUM Concordia Garments is responsible for the timely and effective communication within his/her team. He/she will initiate and organise the necessary structures, meetings and tools in order to enhance and empower team members to communicate, in respect of local cultural habits, both with the contractors as well as with their respective contacts in HQ in Belgium or 3rd clients in Europe
- the BUM Concordia Garments must ensure at all times that all purchases placed by him/herself or any member of her team, are in full compliance with Concordia Global policies and procedures as well as Government and International Trade Organizations' Rules and Regulations. He/she must ensure that productions are compliant with Reach, Oekotex, BSCI or any other requirements set by the customer. He/she must ensure that all purchases committed to by him/herself or any member of his/her team are sourced on a transparent and graft free basis
- university degree
- good IT skills (Microsoft Office)
- HSK 4 or more of definite advantage Good command of English and French both written and spoken is a MUST
- good command of Dutch / Flemish of definite advantage
- at least 10 years experience in garment production, preferably outer and sportswear
- last job was a managerial position
- strong with numbers and experienced to do garment costings
- good command of Excel and experience with ERP software, or eager to learn and work with a new software
- team player and dynamic personality with experience of working in China
About the organization:
The company is the European market leader in the synthetic fabrics.