Asian Operation Director
Consultant Eric Xu
Date posted 08 March 2019 2019-03-082019-05-07 manufacturing-and-production Changshu Jiangsu CN CNY 1000000 1200000 1200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.cn
A rarely seen Asian Operation Director role has just become available at one of the most respected global automotive firms based in Changshu. Reporting directly to the General Manager.
- operational strategy (30%)
- responsible for identifying and presenting key business strategy in line with world class manufacturing principles.
- to understand and successfully deliver the “3 year strategic lean implementation plan” for changshu.
- to develop KPI’s and monitor status of “3 year strategic lean implementation plan” and act as mentor and coach to subordinates tasked with helping in the execution of this plan.
- responsible for ongoing review of business using 80/20 principles.
- expected to evaluate current business processes and recommend solutions for improvements.
- responsible for providing the vehicle for the status quo to be challenged and for providing a means for a lateral thinking approach
- required to look at all procedures subjectively, and question effectiveness and purpose within the organization.
- management of change (30%)
- responsible for establishing a culture of continuous improvement within the organization.
- responsible for the promotion and delivering of a change agent culture within the organization with the key management team.
- the primary challenge in the role is to establish major step changes in productivity, quality, cost and control requiring the implementation of new working practices throughout the organization.
- the role has a requirement to be able to act as a change agent within the business and to be able to offer solutions where necessary.
- customer needs & expectations (20%)
- one of the key responsibilities identified is of business planning and forward strategy to support future competitiveness and profitability.
- responsible for looking at alternative methods of manufacturing and support processes to increase quality and productivity levels in all areas of the organization.
- responsible for training all internal managers in the need to understand and satisfy the internal customer using world class principles
- controlling individual & multiple projects (20%)
- responsible for identifying projects within the organization that will positively impact on quality, cost, delivery & people contribution
- responsible for ensuring all projects achieve essential milestones as agreed with company directors
- responsible for ensuring projects remain within the agreed budgets
- minimum 5 years experience at factory manager level leading a manufacturing plant in wood and metal manufacturing in Asia
- customer focused with international experience, ideally living in china
- excellent English communication (spoken and written). mandarin desirable but not essential
- strong leadership and man management skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization in a multi-cultural environment
- strong financial, mathematical and analytical skills
- team player, strong interpersonal skills and self-motivated
- self-starter able to work under own initiative
- solid computer skills with proficiency in the use of MS office, excel, PPT, particularly has ERP experiences.
- knowledge of provincial environmental and labor regulations
About the organization:
A famous international company.