Product Manager II
Salary CNY250000 - CNY300000 per annum + Free healthcare
Consultant Jayce JIANG
Date posted 27 August 2018 2018-08-272018-10-26 it No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
The Senior Product Manager II will own a product or one or more product features within a complex product. He/she will lead project execution with minimal guidance and will serve as a local expert for product capability. He/she will develop strong technology relationships looking for ways to address customer needs.
- Has a solid understanding of customer use cases and participates in select customer interactions with external product management.
- Leverages analytics and other insights to better understand customer needs.
- Aligns/coaches the team to ensure customer needs are met.
- Understands competitors and regulatory environment.
- Looks for solutions (people, process and technology) which offer the best opportunity to solve customer problems.
Data-Driven Decision-Making & Analysis
- Leverages metrics to track progress on customer needs and ensures that product efforts move those metrics.
- Is proficient at pulling and accessing data from multiple sources, and manages through data ambiguity.
- Considers various options to balance complex conflicting priorities.
- Identifies the most important data to consider and set KPIs, priorities and dashboards.
- Develops multiple hypothesis-driven product evaluation strategies, including AB testing for interactive products, and assesses the expected efficacy of each.
- Is comfortable analyzing data using existing software packages (e.g. Excel).
Product Delivery & Development Lifecycle
- Has a thorough understanding of the broader product experience.
- Drives key end-to-end lifecycle components, from planning to release.
- Has a thorough understanding of the company's SDLC processes, including agile processes.
- Helps drive solutions for complicated design challenges.
- Weighs internal and external impact when making any product or feature decision.
- Writes clear requirements for complex features or products and is responsive to requests for clarifications.
- Manages product without direct supervision, involving manager or other senior leaders only when appropriate.
Strategy & Commercial Acumen
- Works with external product management to develop product vision and road-map plan aligned with business strategy.
- Understands how to use data to help the business to drive commercial decisions and growth opportunities for the product.
- Uses knowledge of competitors to inform product decisions and road-maps.
- Understands company technology stack at a high level, for the broader product.
- Utilizes or extends the company's platform and underlying technologies to create new product features.
- Understands emerging technologies and how they may be applied within the organization.
Experience (US only) and Education
Suggested Minimum Years of PM Experience: 4-6 years
- Recognized as full owner of a product or sizable feature of a complex product.
- Released new product or product features to the market, from collaborative conceptualization to execution to post-release management.
- Frequent product customer engagements that lead to positive commercial outcomes.
Education to Qualify: Bachelors or Masters degree in a technical subject (Computer Science or Engineering discipline) is preferred, but not essential.