Salary CNY300000 - CNY500000 per annum + bonus and other benefit
Location Shenzhen ShiFULL_TIME
Consultant Daisy Su
Date posted 11 October 20192019-10-18 2019-12-10 it 深圳市 Guangdong CN CNY 300000 500000 500000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.cn https://www.robertwalters.cn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An innovative technology US company is hiring senior SRE positions in Shenzhen.
As an SRE, you'll apply your expertise in linux configuration and software development to guide development of our distributed compute platform and make sure our software deploys correctly, runs well, and can be modified at a moment’s notice. The twist? This compute infrastructure is not in the cloud -- it's distributed around the most secure factory floors of the world.
This isn't a solo job -- you will be working together not only with fellow SREs as we build this new team, but with developers, operations, and product staff in a quest to improve the way that things are made, wherever they are made.
What you can expect in the first few months:
- Learning and improving our process for executing on deployments of company hardware and software systems.
- Becoming the go-to person for technical operational questions on our software and compute hardware in the field.
- Fixing breakages remotely and automating fix distribution to the rest of the fleet.
- Researching the problems we encounter and developing potential solutions to them, including: Great Firewall of China, VPN solutions, bandwidth issues, and end-to-end encryption.
- Improving our status quo re: monitoring, alerting, and uptime.
- Planning the next iteration of our factory compute hardware & software.
- Fluency in English (CET >6 or TOEFL >80) – spoken, written, and reading – this is a firm requirement for the role.
- Three or more years supporting high-availability systems as an SRE, Linux Sysadmin, or DevOps role.
- Ability to work in both English & Mandarin, spoken and written.
- Deep experience scripting & configuring linux systems, particularly with an emphasis on hardening for security.
- Ability to solve software delivery and monitoring problems within unusual network constraints. This means working knowledge of TCP, DNS, NAT, routing, firewalls, and VPNs.
- A relentless desire to automate (or the foundation and desire to learn!).
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas to technical and non-technical individuals alike.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ansible, Terraform, Bash, Docker, Python, Ubuntu, Squid Proxy, Packer.