Legal Counsel APAC (Life Sciences / Healthcare)
Salary CNY700000 - CNY900000 per annum
Consultant Philip Annor
Date posted 29 September 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
This is an absolutely exciting role in a reputable Life Sciences multinational; take this opportunity to develop your legal career. This role is based in Shanghai. You will be the go to person for all legal matters and provide support and guidance to this business. This role covers both China and some countries within the Asia Pacific region. You will be an absolutely critical part of the Legal and Corporate management team as well as the China Leadership team.
- Full responsibility in China legal operation as well as some countries within Asia Pacific
- Influence local and global legal matters and help drive the business forward
- Provide, with high degree of independence and responsibility, legal advises and solutions for the business and departments/functions of the wider organisation
- Continue to look for opportunity to optimise the contract review process
- Hands-on operations yet able to contribute to strategy
- Manage, coach and continuously develop China legal team
- Liaise with other functions including IT, Tax, EHS and HR to ensure that all aspects of agreements are properly considered.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts and other legal documents, including developing or improving standard agreement templates
- Demonstrate knowledge, communication and advise on relevant laws and regulations and assist their implementation in China
- Lead the understanding of legal issues aligned with the strategic direction of the Global and Asia Pacific organisations
- Manage the engagement and costs of external lawyers and outside agencies of China organisation
- Strong compliance mindset and ability to enforce an appropriate level of compliance and handle investigations independently
- M&A experience is a plus
- Other ad hoc legal work
- A bachelor’s law degree or a higher law degree from top PRC law firm with specialisation in business, commercial or corporate law.
- In-house or corporate experience is a must
- Background in Life Sciences (health-care, pharmaceutical and medical devices) is highly preferred
- Qualified as a lawyer in China, experience in a reputable law firm is a plus
- Over 7 years with more than 5 years as a legal counsel
- Must have solid legal experience in general corporate and commercial matters.
- Must have strong cross-functional communication and influencing capability, high energy and should take initiative. Ability to tailor communication to the needs of the audience
- Must be able to prioritise work, work independently and be well organised.
- Must be fluent in English and overseas legal education or legal work experience is preferred.
- About the organisation:
About the Organisation:
This multinational has a people-first culture is aggressively driving and expanding their business.