Marketing Director - Asia
Consultant Minnie Bao
Date posted 09 March 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
This role designs, develops and executes winning Skin Care portfolio growth strategies and marketing plans in China .
- Drive development of China-skin care concepts and product offers in-line with local consumers’ expectations and in-line with overall brand identity.
- Support acceleration of the new product development process for region-specific initiatives to support the growth of consumer beauty Skin care brands in China including but not limited to:
- o Develop consumer insights (be the consumer expert), spotting trends & comp. activity in key markets.
- o Identification of portfolio gaps and competitive benchmarks to develop new portfolios.
- o Business case development for new initiatives and products, including volume and sales opportunity.
- o Creation of product/packaging/marketing briefs, creating compelling stories by brand, following through to ensure high-quality executions.
- Identify and recommend strategies to achieve brand goals, including development of consumer insightful concepts, G2M strategies and support of roll-out of brands in new markets and new channels.
- Develop and tailor marketing & sales strategy and tools to local market needs to support NPD initiatives.
- Critical Success Factors, values & behaviours
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum education of BA, BBA or BS in Marketing, Business Administration, or any relevant field.
- Demonstrate strong leadership by envisioning, direction setting and enrolling others; thinking/problem solving; creativity & innovation; initiative & follow-through; communication; and priority setting.
- At least 5 years of experience in skincare in China. Leading product development and execution experience in China beauty market, experience in Japan/Korea a plus.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin.