Corporate Communication Manager, Asia
Consultant Vera Shen
Date posted 10 May 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
To develop and lead the execution of highly effective external and internal communications work across the Asia region (with primary focus on North Asia) that helps manage external risks, build corporate and brand reputation globally, and contribute to the delivery of brand strategic road map.
- Identify risks to corporate and brand reputation, provide solutions and advice as appropriate.
- Support the Government Relations Director and Director, Corporate Communications on the management of and interaction with global functions.
- Drive the development of positive corporate PR opportunities in Asia to promote the brand to key stakeholders (media, customers, partners)
- Determine key strategic messages for press/media and other key external stakeholders.
- Optimise the allocation of resources – time, budget – in order to get the best outcomes.
- Provide communications input and insights on critical IP, legal, regulatory and commercial projects.
- Plan, align and execute external communications strategies and appropriate channels for the company in Asia.
- Provide support in managing all external and internal communications for Asia with a focus on China and North Asia.
- Provide the MD and Asia Leadership Team with strategic counsel and advice on media, corporate and crisis communications, and internal communications issues.
- Manage press and media engagement in Asia, and support on other external influencers and that shape corporate reputation via increased positive media coverage.
- Work closely with IP, Legal and Public Affairs teams to manage emerging and ongoing issues, and leverage opportunities to build brand reputation in Asia.
- Work closely with Marketing and Brand PR teams to ensure consistent application, representation and coordination of both corporate and consumer brand activity.
- Manage corporate communications budget, effectively allocating resources to deliver major projects on time, and on budget.
Key requirement :
- 8+ years’ experience in corporate communications in a corporate or related environment
- Strong communication skills and influencing ability, especially with senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership capability
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Demonstrated media relations skills and contacts (with focus on business and trade media in North Asia)
- Demonstrated understanding of corporate company dynamics, strategic goals and way of operating
- Good bilingual writing skill
- Related experience working in PR agency plus in-house is highly preferred