Senior research analyst (Automotive)
Consultant Hao LI
Date posted 10 May 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
We are looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Senior Analyst. The role will contribute to the delivery of current and new services around the topics of Automotive.
General Job Duties:
- Conduct primary and secondary research to build in-depth understanding of the Chinese automotive infotainment industry
- Lead automotive infotainment component forecast for China
- Respond to client product inquiries and support them with email, telephone and face-to-face meetings
- Be responsible for creating content for infotainment analysis - written analysis and reports
- Present findings/data via webinars and at conferences/trade-shows/client events/webinars
- Support custom Infotainment consulting projects, via data analytics, infotainment analysis, and more
- Assist with other component database work on ad-hoc basis
- Monitoring performance-to-plan throughout the execution year and adjusting direction, focus and sales initiatives as needed to effectively penetrate the market.
- Maintain analytical coverage of infotainment components.
- Build and strengthen client base through the above.
- Build internal contacts to extract synergies and knowledge sharing opportunities.
- Build and nourish relationships with key industry contacts that utilise or could benefit from company services
- Actively solicit speaking opportunities and make speeches/presentations several times during the year to gain market exposure
- Bachelor degree level education essential. Second degree preferable, but not essential.
- Minimum five years of experience in market research/analytical role with automotive infotainment engineering/design/programming or other automotive technology background
- Direct automotive OEM or Tier Supplier experience and a deep understanding of automotive industry, coupled with very strong communication skills
- Formal training and experience analysing elements of the automotive infotainment ecosystem is also preferred
- Highly proficient in written English to publishable standards, passion and knowledge of automotive and/or mobile industry, additional language skills an added bonus
This position reports to: Research and Analysis Associate Director