Consulting Team Lead
Consultant Justin Zhu
Date posted 22 July 2022shanghai marketing/market-research 2022-07-22 2022-09-20 consultancy Shanghai CN Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.cn https://www.robertwalters.cn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The primary function of the Team Lead role will be providing day-to-day quality control management for the projects run by individuals on his or her team.
- The primary function of the Team Lead role will be providing day-to-day quality control management for the projects run by individuals on his or her team
- Reporting to the respective Senior Consulting Manager, the Team Lead will have the following objectives:
- To ensure effective resourcing and successful execution of each team member’s projects, developing actionable insights for clients
- To support Business Development (CGBD) and sales in reviewing proposals and identifying new research capabilities
- To drive collaboration (inter-team and cross-department) in order to better leverage knowledge sources, improve our global solutions, and advance individual development
- To train and develop consulting staff, supporting a commercially aware and capably efficient consulting team
- Team guidance: The Team Lead will be assigned a team of 2-4 Consulting staff and he or she will be responsible for the quality of all work products for this team. Additionally, the Team Lead will work with management to develop the skillset of individual members
- Quality Control: Responsible for the successful execution of all projects and clients run by his or her team members, from inception to delivery
- Mentoring and Ensuring Best Practices: Provide guidance to the custom research team and ensure implementation of best practices for all aspects of project management including project design and planning, budget control, commissioning, data modelling and checking, writing and editing of reports, client communications and project delivery to client satisfaction
- Administrative: Ensuring the appropriate upkeep of project folders, hour logs and administrative documents
- Process Improvement / Development: Develop and implement methods and procedures for monitoring ad-hoc project work including research content, quality control, client deadlines, costs, efficiency and capacity considerations
- Training and Skill Development: Coordinate training of custom research staff and contract analysts thereby developing the team’s ability to increase value-add
- Input on Staffing: Input to the Consulting Manager regarding staffing decisions and individual development goals and movements within his or her team
- Project Themes: Identify opportunities for growing the strength of the team around particular industries or key accounts
- Collaboration and Inter-team activities: The Team Lead will work closely with management in supporting stronger communications with Syndicated, Business Development and Sales through (a) innovation of new research capabilities, (b) the development of new product ideas, (c) training, (d) ideation sessions, and, (e) standardized templates and procedures. Additional inter-team tasks include:
- Meetings: Conduct meaningful and useful team sessions, including minutes and ideation sessions
- Proposals: The team lead will work with Business Development staff to review content for proposals in specific research vertical as needed
- Resource Management: Work closely with the Research Recruiter to ensure that projects are adequately resourced
- Sales Force: Regular use and promotion of Sales Force to monitor capture and improve client interactions and share them with broader colleagues
- Proven experience managing innovative, multi-country custom research studies
- Detailed understanding and confidence in communicating our company’s custom research methodology
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaboration within and between functions, particularly with syndicated research, consulting business development and sales
- Proven and respected effectiveness in mentoring and providing guidance to project managers and analysts
- An analytical thinker and commercially astute leader
- Relentlessly positive attitude managing and collaborating with others
- A trusted, approachable 'go-to' throughout the custom research practice
- Good time management and ability to prioritise
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with clients and team members
Salary: NegotiableLocation: ShanghaiDate posted: 09 August 2022The team of our client company are currently looking for experienced manager candidate to join them to support our rapid business growth. This division is a service provider of market increase insight covering all industries.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: ShanghaiDate posted: 22 July 2022Insights Manager is a new role within the Database Syndicated Research team, reporting to the Head of Practice/Industry Research and working especially closely with Global Leads and Industry Managers. The role meets the growing demand for client service from database industry and sector experts. The Insights Manager is a client facing research role where more than half of time is spent engaged in or preparing for client facing activity.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: ShanghaiDate posted: 02 August 2022This role is to support online sales via managing the E-commerce marketing programs on EC platforms (Tmall, JD and etc.) for the retail business. Also, this role is to develop business capabilities of content marketing, brand marketing and creative innovation on EC platforms.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: ShanghaiDate posted: 22 July 2022We are looking for an integrated insight leader with the ability to dig out consumer insight with multiple approaches including big data, qualitative research, quantitative research etc. The talent will lead the research and insight from the group level in China market. This role reports into VP, China.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: ShanghaiDate posted: 16 June 2022This role is responsible for Brand Equity Building, Product Innovation and consumer-centered Engagement Experience Development. Work with Sales to well execute brand/marketing strategies and grow market shares (e.g. branding, lead generation, user assets, events, etc.)