Salary 20 PTO
Consultant Karla Wang
Date posted 23 March 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
This role jointly supports the Student Opportunities Specialist at prestigious Business School (50%) of a prestigious Australian university as well as the Education Team within Faculty of Engineering (50%). The role works with student mobility, two-way engagement with Asia and international relations. Additionally, this role will have a focus on building corporate relationships to enhance and grow work integrated learning opportunities in China for students.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following key duties and responsibilities are for both Business School and Faculty of Engineering. It is expected that the position will dedicate a 50:50 split of time and input across both divisions, noting their priorities as directed by management:
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders within engagement initiatives in China, including potential students, university partners, government entities and businesses.
- Source high-quality and exclusive Student-Led Activity competition / partnership opportunities within China (includes industry engagement)
- Develop and maintain partnerships with companies to offer internships/practicum places, and other work-integrated-learning opportunities to both Chinese and non-Chinese students from Business and Engineering. This includes increasing collaboration with incubators and other technology innovators, and partners within the TORCH program to increase work integrated learning opportunities.
- Strengthen partnerships with strategic University and industry partners and identify new opportunities.
- Develop and manage strategic relationships for Engineering with a diverse range of external stakeholders in China, under direction from the China Country Director – China Centre, External Relations
- Manage university-bound cohorts of China students who are studying university Foundation Studies program in China and in articulation and Study Abroad pathways at partner universities across China.
- Provide logistical and administrative support, and pastoral care to students travelling to China.
- Support other Engineering and Business initiatives as required, including activities in Hong Kong.
- Maintain accurate records of stakeholder meetings and engagement activities, as well as contact details, and communicate openly and regularly with multiple stakeholders in Sydney.
- Represent Engineering at recruitment events as well as meetings with partner universities and other stakeholders.
- Attend functions and other events as required, including alumni engagement activities.
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the University and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.