Asia Regional Brand Manager for Personal Care brands
Consultant Minnie Bao
Date posted 08 April 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
This role is a individual contributor position works on Brand Development for asia markets.
- Support development of Asian-appropriate concepts and product offers in-line with local consumers’ expectations and in-line with overall brand identity.
- Support acceleration of the new product development process for region-specific initiatives to support the growth of Adidas Personal Care and other Body & Male Skin care brands in Asia including but not limited to:
- Developing consumer insights, spotting trends and competitive activity in key markets.
- Identification of portfolio gaps and competitive benchmarks to enhance current portfolios.
- Business case development for new initiatives and products, including volume and sales opportunity.
- Creation of product/packaging/marketing briefs, following through to ensure high-quality executions.
- Identify and recommend strategies to achieve brand goals, including development of consumer insightful concepts, G2M strategies and support of roll-out of brands in new markets and new channels.
- Develop and tailor marketing & sales strategy and tools to local market needs to support NPD initiatives.
Critical Success Factors, values & behaviors
- Own it. Drive it: Drive multiple projects across geographies, teams and varying go-to-market scenarios, managing the projects with ownership and integrity. Tenacious and willing to overcome obstacles.
- Live beauty, breath beauty: Possesses, or willing to acquire, a deep and intimate knowledge of our consumers and how he/she sees beauty. Driven to enhance our products and brands to enable them to feel more attractive, confident and liberated in their beauty. Think consumer-first.
- Think like a start-up: Intelligence to navigate through changing priorities and project timelines with agility and clarity. Leadership to drive long range business plan by engaging and enabling global, regional & local teams.
- Be brave & go beyond: Inherently seeks to over-deliver. Capability to combine strong analytical capabilities with a solid understanding of key business drivers to drive the decision making process of senior leaders through strategic insights and recommendation. Bravery to communicate ideas and plans with confidence and clarity.
- Win for the team: Able to maximize and focus personal and team efforts on the achievement of aligned goals.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum education of BA, BBA or BS in Marketing, Business Administration, or any relevant field.
- Demonstrate strong leadership by envisioning, direction setting and enrolling others; thinking/problem solving; creativity & innovation; initiative & follow-through; communication; and priority setting.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in FMCG and/or beauty industry in Asia. Experience in China beauty market preferred, experience in Japan/Korea a plus. Product development experience advantageous.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin.