International Brand Manager
Consultant Vera Shen
Date posted 10 May 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
This role will lead the development and growth of Brand within Greater China by engaging and inspiring local teams to activate with excellence, delivering against key brand strategy - ensuring value, volume, brand building/health and key innovations metrics are delivered timely
- Development of a strategic plan for China aligned to global ambition alongside Global Brand Team and BU Marketing Director
- Custodian and lead brand principles to rebuild Brand in China by realising Market pricing, equity building, innovation and promotional strategy
- Engage with China leadership, global teams team to support Supply management of core portfolio and limited editions
- IMC market Adaption to develop & deliver China relevant assets to build equity and monitor brand performance
- China voice on global coalition and assist to deliver China Innovation Pipeline
- Gifting & VAPS development and execution
- Deliver BTL/digital Assets and partner with China team on deployment
- Drive synergy with Global Travel Retail strategy focused at Chinese travellers
- Co-partner with China commercial and brand team to build local Partnerships, platforms, innovation and assets
- Build regular reporting cadence to EA, regional and global teams. Manage and track financial performance, ensuring markets deliver in-line with plan / adjust accordingly.
- Provide consolidated and structured feedback from markets to global teams on strategic needs and key activity/initiatives.
- Co-ordination and review of annual brand plans turning insights and growth drivers into activation plans utilising proven best practice techniques.
- Create region/market relevant initiatives to support strategic execution on the brand. Development of regional tool-kits/activation materials – plug and play approach.
- Capitalise on digital and eCommerce opportunities in China as key top-line brand growth driver.
- Leverage insights gained through advancements in how consumers use technology as a way to learn more about effective brand growth drivers.
- Build and utilise competitive intelligence within and across markets.
- Share best practices across markets to maximise spend effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain superior relationships with key internal (primarily Leadership, Commercial team & Brand OU) and external stakeholders (distributors & agencies) throughout their organisations.
- Manage internal communications within business, including brand updates and where required attending sales & marketing meetings.
- 5-7 years consumer marketing experience.
- Spirits or luxury brand experience essential.
- Proven successful performance in a global matrix organisation
- Confident, engaging presenter not swayed by large, and often senior, audiences.
- A strong relationship builder that can relate to many functions and external teams.
- The ability to conceive and develop effective global assets.
- Track record on developing Through the Line communications for multiple markets, from briefing to final execution, partnering with external agencies and influencing internal stakeholders.
- Launched consumer relevant and commercially successful NPD and range optimisations.
- Proven experience of how to play and win in Greater China
- Commercially savvy
- Strategic thinker with ability to turn data analysis into business-driving actions
- Flawless communication skills in writing, meetings and presentations
- Self starter, flexible, comfortable working in unstructured environment, and able to manage multiple priorities and projects effortlessly
- Team player with collaborative style and good listening skills. Culturally sensitive and proven ability to build credibility and excel in an international and cross functional environment.
- Passion for digital, social and mobile marketing. Familiarity with fundamental digital marketing drivers that build brands in Spirits category