Consultant Vera Shen
Date posted 21 June 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
This role sets strategic direction on powerful and effective brand communication to support product portfolio growth.
- Develop annual marketing communication plan in conjunction with product marketing innovation plan and sales channel plans to ensure strong support for the product portfolio and for each channel.
- Execute the quarterly planning cycle in synch with quarterly business reviews.
- Accumulate consumer and shopper insights to create a competitive edge.
- Drive plans with continuous improvement according to consumer understanding, retail / communication environment evolution
- Be the voice of consumers in the organisation. Continuously amass consumer insights and advocate the consumer view in the business.
- Manage work relationships with marketing partners such as our agency and key vendors. Make sure the vendors are reviewed, score-carded and terms are optimised.
- Maintain an active connection with the field and help the company maintain an outside-in, customer driven culture.
- Perform regular analysis in order to gain insights to marketing ROI.
- Build a strong and differentiated brand with defined equity in different city tier to support business growth.
- Map out opportunities / issues along consumer brand adoption journey. Identify clear marketing strategy, tactics and budget justification to correct the issues.
- Manage marketing budget to establish the brand in all of China’s tier 1 and tier 2 cities, with selective coverage of tier 3 cities.
- Manage and optimise communication eco-system including Digital-CRM-e-commerce to engage consumers.
- Make sure the brand is effectively and strongly presented in the trade with clear guidelines.
- Be the custodian of brand in China, protect its trademark and IP rights vigorously.
- Design, develop and maintain a high performance and high engagement marketing organisation with minimised turnover.
- Define optimal team structure, competence profile for each position within the Marketing Communication team
- Work closely with Marketing VP, Product Marketing Directors to identify training needs for marketing team (and even other commercial team which has a strong need for marketing relevant skill sets.)
- Build strong collaborative mindset within and beyond marketing team
- Establish and continuously nurture leadership capabilities throughout the marketing organisation.
- Strategically distribute decision making authorities to match business opportunities and scopes, with matching control mechanism and feedback loop.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 15 years experience in brand marketing, with at least 10 years in Mar com with substantial spending responsibility
- Great leadership & influencing skill supported with strong logical / analytical capability
- Excellent sense on creative judgement, visual & copy writing
- Highly organised, good time management.
About the Company:
My client is a world leading FMCG company. They provide competitive salary and big career platform.