Consultant Vera Shen
Date posted 22 November 2018 2018-11-222019-01-21 fmcg No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.cn https://www.robertwalters.cn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
This role will be the driving force of establishment and the future development of product categories in China market and will be responsible for the implementation of the category strategy, including China specific portfolio development, product channel strategy development and implementation, and end-to-end process of planning, execution, effectiveness analysis of marketing campaigns.
- Develop China specific portfolio strategy for category, work closely with global team and China cross functional team to successfully launch the NPDs in market.
- Plan and lead the seasonal gift pack and limited-edition pack development and launch
- Understand the channel dynamics and work with trade marketing and sales to develop the product-pack-channel-price-merchandising strategy.
- Develop and implement China specific dairy marketing activities. Key deliverable will include:
- Marketing calendar management (activity phasing)
- Develop annual marketing communication plan in conjunction with marketing innovation plan and sales channel plans to ensure strong support for the product portfolio and for each channel
- IMC campaign planning from ideation to execution for product categories & NPD launches, all touch-points as a holistic view and online execution
- Always on content management for own media (we-chat, weibo) & performance marketing (SEO/SEM)
- Work closely with channel marketing, EC and trade marketing to manage consistency of brand materials and digital assets cross channels (locally created or adapted from global)
- Lead China specific NPD project planning and execution, coordinate with global team on global innovation projects. Responsible for NPD pricing and forecasting.
- Align budget priority with marketing VP through ABP (Annual Business Plan) and LE (Latest Estimate via Finance Projection) processes. Actively made investment adjustment throughout the year according to latest business needs and key learnings from campaign effective analysis
- Keep close monitoring of media landscape changes, keep tracking consumer insights, and implications to marketing communication strategy
- Work with research agencies to conduct in depth analysis for both going and ad hoc consumer researches. Be able to make business recommendation based on research findings.
- Manage agencies (advertising, media, digital) to deliver plans and contents, conduct campaign review, quarterly competitive review and monthly Business Intelligence update
- Communicate with global marketing and local cross functions for campaign planning & execution
- Champion best practices development / sharing from within (BCT cross functional teams) and external (agencies, industry forums, media vendors, etc)
- Required 5-8 years’ experience in brand marketing, experience in trade marketing is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Great presentation skill in both Chinese & English
- Excellent sense on creative judgement, visual & copy writing
- Strong leadership to drive the things happen and get things done
- Strong project management skill, experience in NPD is must
- Proactive and passionate
- Positive with can do attitude
- Logic/strategic thinker
- Strong interpersonal skills. Good communicator with both global team and local cross functional team
- Team player but can work autonomously
- Highly organised, good time management
- Having high growth agility and potential to grow to more senior level in a near future
About the Company
My client is a leading FMCG company providing competitive salary and good working environment.