Scientific Director Research and Development
Salary CNY500000 - CNY800000 per annum
Location Suzhou ShiFULL_TIME
Consultant Vivi Zhi
Date posted 27 November 20192019-11-27 2020-01-26 science-and-research Suzhou Shi Jiangsu CN CNY 500000 800000 800000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.cn https://www.robertwalters.cn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A international chemical company is looking for a R&D director based in Jiangsu to support their business develop on local Oil and Gas market. The Director R&D will be responsible for providing the China oil and gas business with a state-of-art product development and application laboratory.
- lead all activities of the lab in liaison with the key internal stakeholders (R&D, sales, business development, and engineering) from customer request phase to field implementation;
- develop a team of lab chemists while enhancing the lab’s best practices in meeting oil & gas industry requirements;
- build and deploy the lab referential documentation and methodologies to industry standards;
- foster cross-fertilization initiatives at targeted universities and institutes involved in petroleum technology;
- promote lab’s added value and benefits to customers with the guidance of sales;
- create unique links with R&D corporate centers of major E&P and services companies;
- maintain continuous information and learning flow with the corporate R&D organization;
- document and communicate performance data of company chemistries in SPE papers and presentations for use internally and with customers externally;
- interface with customers to obtain insight into their technical needs and to identify opportunities to collaborate with them on new projects;
- incorporate safe work procedures in all aspects of the job while maintaining a safe work environment in the lab;
- define the intellectual property strategy associated with new technology development and ensure that new product and technology developments are unique in nature and patentable. also provide assistance in the preparation of patent applications and the company policy.
- A Ph.D. in Polymer Chemistry or equivalent
- A minimum of seven to ten years successful and progressive experience in working in, operating and supervising an application and R&D lab
- Experience in up-stream petroleum industry required
- Strong leadership skills with an orientation to team development and customer focus
- A strong relationship with the RIPED organization in China
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Experience in dealing with senior level management
- Adaptable and flexible in a multicultural environment
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time
About the Organiazation:
This is a international company in chemical industry.