System Engineer - Video
Location Shenzhen Shi
Consultant Joanne Li
Date posted 16 March 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
This is a system architect role for video products in our client's company. The successful candidate would be having proven related job experience in audio and video products.
- Source new ODM/OEM/JDM suppliers and products according to specifications and guidelines.
- Evaluate product samples against the Product Requirement Specification (PRS) and the application environment.
- Ensure that the PRS is understood and followed by supplier.
- Ensure necessary and conclusive product design verification at supplier.
- Coordinate and prioritise tests and verification activities in-house at SDC or third-party.
- Ensure compliance testing according to use-scenarios.
- Identify, assess, and control risks at product and project level.
- Communicate closely and transparently with Project Manager (and Product Manager).
- Deliver products to the market on scope, time, cost, and quality.
- Support quality assurance and supplier quality control.
- Offer on-site support to exterior products provided by ODM/OEM suppliers.
- BS or MS in engineering, e.g. software or electrical.
- Min. 5-10 years experience in development of products preferably with ODM/OEM suppliers.
- Analytical and pro-active decision making.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in Chinese and English speech and writing.
- Comfortable with fast-paced and multitasking environment.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with compliance test and verification.
- Experience with video products and standards like HDMI, HDCP, H264, MJPEG, etc.
- Experience with ODM/OEM suppliers.
- Experience with retail market (BtC) and associated standards.
- Experience with products for external use (application environment) and associated standards.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Willingness to travel outside of China (less than 10% of time)
- Willingness to travel to ODM/OEM/JDM suppliers in China
- Willingness to work in an office.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.