Sr. Acoustic Engineer--Sound Expert
Location Shenzhen Shi
Consultant Kelly Chen
Date posted 20 March 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
This is an exciting opportunity for those who specialises in acoustic/sound R&D.
- Perform tests on audio components and complete systems to include power handling, impedance, transfer function, frequency response and polar response.
- Drive creative and innovative solutions to design challenges.
- Work closely with ODMs to expand development capabilities and ensure that designs meet company’s guidelines for quality, cost, and performance.
- Design for manufacturability and understand supplier limitations, tolerances, and costs.
- Simulate and design passive and powered loudspeaker systems to meet performance and cost requirements.
- Use various DSP tools for tuning and optimising system designs.
- Simulate and design loudspeaker devices and enclosures.
- Simulate, design, and document passive and active optimised crossover designs.
- Perform voicing for loudspeaker systems.
- Perform tests and supply data for marketing documentation.
- Execute and document all functional and performance tests required by our client.
- Test and document all aspects of product and product component performance, including failure modes.
- Perform and document acoustical, mechanical, and electrical tests as needed.
- Work with various departments to implement corrective actions when needed.
- Capture all product design work in document control systems using company’s best practices.
- Support product launch activities with on-site support when needed.
- Leverage acoustic simulation programs to virtually design and analyse results to incorporate validate new designs and design improvements.
- Bachelor or above in Acoustic/ Sound/ Physics
- 6+ years experience in the development, validation, and tuning of loudspeakers and systems.
- A strong fundamental understanding of the physics of loudspeakers and transducers.
- Proficient in Matlab, COMSOL, ABEC, or related FEA simulation tools.
- Proficient with Klippel, EASERA, SMAART, or similar FFT-based acoustic analysis tools.
- Experience in DSP algorithms and programming for audio or video.
- Thorough understanding of power amplifier and power supply specifications and requirements.
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, results-oriented, matrix environment.
- Professional-level written and elementary oral English skills.