Sr. Software Engineering Manager - robotic
Location Shenzhen ShiFULL_TIME
Consultant Janet Chen
Date posted 08 August 20192019-08-08 2019-10-07 engineering Shenzhen Shi Guangdong CN CNY 480000 720000 720000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.cn https://www.robertwalters.cn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client is a well established US company with reputable brand in consumer electronics products including UAV and robotic. Now they are looking for a Software engineering head who capable to lead a team and strong in embedded software engineering.
• Be responsible for the end to end ownership of a software team, including setting the technical vision for developing the products firmware to serve company’s needs.
• Assist and oversee other EE’s and work closely with cross-functional teams ensuring designs are cohesive, on time and cost.
• Communicate with design and marketing team in Toronto or LA to understand the product features and then develop the corresponding flowcharts and program code.
• Familiar with the technical specifications of the MCUs and provide professional recommendation in MCU selection.
• Provide technical advice to the team in software debug and development.
• Manage electronic systems performance from concept through to production focused on consumer experience.
• Research new technologies and creative cost effective applications for existing technologies.
• Work effectively with external software development companies to ensure final performance of HW/SW.
•Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Computer Science or equivalent.
• 8+ years of professional management experience.
• 10+ years of relevant professional development and design experience.
• Proficiency in C, C++, Assembly, etc.
• Familiar with Altium or similar schematic software and PCB Layout skills
• Familiar with Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, etc. a must.
• General Plus, Nuvoton or Sensory MCU experience an asset but not required. Experience programming M0 and M4 chips an asset.
• Strong interest in robotics industry, robotic technologies, and consumer electronics
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic, multifaceted, and fun environment
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing demands
• Availability for international travel from time to time to support production.
• Fluency in written and spoken English