Injection Molding Manager
Salary CNY300000 - CNY360000 per annum
Consultant Kelly Chen
Date posted 24 August 2018 2018-08-242018-10-23 engineering No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
The Injection Molding manager will provide strong technical leadership as well as deep, hands-on involvement for the injection mold team to deliver innovative processes and equipment manufacturing solutions from concept through prototyping, production ramp to stable robust mass production to meet all documented KPIs.
- Form, lead, coach, and develop the injection molding section into a growing, learning and technically strong team.
- Create robust, stable, cost effective, and efficient molding solutions in support of product and business development teams specifications, KPIs, and schedules
- Develop injection tool requirement specifications in coordination with the internal and external partners.
- Benchmark current & potential mould suppliers in terms of price, quality and technical competency in cooperation with purchasing department
- Design and execute DOEs to drive continuous improvement on tooling, material, product construction, geometries, aesthetics, and process parameters
- Summarise and present data professionally and effectively to customers
- Effective communication with tooling and material vendors to ensure on-time deliverables conform to specification and up-to-date revision
- Manage failure analysis and effective corrective action for continuous improvement of the plastic injection process and equipment.
- Ensure the team consistently demonstrates proactive cross-functional behaviours across all teams & departments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering of Plastics or similar related field.
- 5-8 years relevant management experience in mold manufacturing
- Previous engineering experience with injection molding such as tooling design, manufacturing & equipment process optimisation, LSR overmolding etc.
- English level: read & write