Sr. Packaging Engineer
Consultant Lavency Zhu
Date posted 23 March 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
You will be in charge of leading New Regional Initiative development, giving regional industrial support on Global PM/FG development, contributing to Regional Innovation and New PKG trend, issuing analysis and contributing on concept saving project.
- Working collaboratively with regional Initiative Leader with new project. Manage the Regional New Regional Initiative project as end-to-end model facing primary and secondary packaging delivery.
- Drive from packaging concepts to commercialization with timelines and budget. Responsible for Concept Cost to meet Marketing expectation. Provide different technical assumption to Procurement team to work out the best scenario for new project. Ensure final product quality & Design integrity compared to marketing approved packaging definition.
- Ensure relevant relationship between R&D Packaging and all business partners (Procurement, Marketing, SC packaging, Logistic, Planning, etc)
- Execute and evaluate related Homologation test with specific analysis and perspective.
- Undertake the design of Prototype and tooling/mold management.
- Support global packaging project leader to execute Industrial activities with regional TPMs and suppliers.
- Owner for Packaging test methods in coordination with QA. Define appropriate test requirement for new component and finish goods.
- Key user of Spec system with creating codes and all related specification input.
- Trouble shooting and Production support on PKG design issues.
- Owner of FMEA work with supplier, manufacture, QA/QC with detailed action plan and good follow-up.
- Plan the proper CQV with supplier or plant with good follow up to obtain OTIF and RFT.
- Research and Report the new packaging trend. Demonstrated creativity, flexibility and uses innovative approaches. Share new ideas with Technical community.
Collaborate with strategic suppliers on exploration and development of prospective innovative products or technology.
- Fluent in English with good oral and written skills.
- Above Bachelor degree, prefer in Packaging; Polymer Science; Chemical Engineering; or relevant industrial expertise;
- Has minimum 4+ year working experience in packaging process or packaging related industries.
- Required 3D CAD knowledge and prototype design capabilities.
- Demonstrate self-starter qualities, including analytical, creative, positive and forward thinking attitudes
- Be familiar with related Packaging test protocol for different type material, and Finish goods test method for different category.
- Possess excellent communication skill with various group.
Ability to perform under pressure and stay focus on targets.