Project Manager (NPD, hand tools)
Consultant Zoe SHI
Date posted 27 August 2018 2018-08-272018-10-26 manufacturing-and-production No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
This role will manage overall product and technology development projects performance, including scope, risk, quality, cost, and lead time.
- Follow NPD process to develop projects from idealisation to commercial launch.
- Consolidate consumer needs into business propositions in conjunction.
- Accountable for project execution including budgeting, planning and quality.
- Lead internal cross function team to ensure smooth R&D project execution, such as R&D, marketing, sales, NPI, operation, purchasing and quality.
- Monitor/control risks; manage changes in project according to process.
- Communicate progress timely towards stakeholders.
- Drive continuous improvement of project management process within the team.
- Determination in decision making, flexibility and independence.
- Strong leadership with high influence skill.
- Bachelor degree in engineering (mechanical, electronic, software etc.), postgraduate degree or MBA desired.
- 3-8 years hands on project/program management experience in consumer and/or industrial product.
- Must have experience with front end in-house product development, such as product proposition/planning.
- NPI experience within operation environment will be a plus.
- PMP certified.
- Experience working with remote and international team.
- Fluent in both mandarin and English.
- Be able to travel up to 30% of internal teams, customers and suppliers.
About the Company:
International hand-tools firm, APAC R&D centre in shanghai.