Assistant Merchandising Manager – EU Retail Buying Office - SZ
Salary CNY20000 - CNY35000 per month + Negociable
Location Shenzhen Shi
Consultant Jane Chu
Date posted 11 September 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
A prestigious sports company is currently seeking one Assistant Merchandising Manager for their soft line product line. Leading a team of 3 people, this role would play an important part in leading the Merchandising team for efficient and effective implementation for all merchandising activities in accordance with Category Sourcing strategy, and in line with Global Supply Chain objectives and goals.
- To support vendor related interventions in view of becoming partner of choice.
- To manage and build the team with capabilities and competencies towards flexible, agile and customer centre operations.
- Establish appropriate vendor intervention, in communicating Brands direction, and building strategic, commercial vendor relationship in sustainable way.
- Responsible for supply management decision making, including procurement and scheduling, according to changing business landscape and risk assessment.
- Support sourcing allocation and costing management thereof according to Category plan and relevant Brands strategic fit.
- Support supply chain network design and configuration in consideration of focused markets and channels, and relevant trade agreement exploitation and trade compliance requirements.
- Establish framework and processes thereof to drive business performance in delivering on time and cost effective product and proposition.
- Manage process of vendor manufacturing agreement, and execute the contractual terms thereof.
- Support vendor performance management for tier 1 and identified tier 2 vendor base, and drive identified improvement areas for current and future needs.
- Establish strong relationships with cross functional peers, globally, to maintain open and frequent communication of current business activities, and a collective, aligned approach to continuous improvement.
- Responsible for team budget management and specific merchandising measurable.
- Build collaborative culture between the HQ and Asia teams, aligned with company culture and values.
- Knowledge and experience in global supply chain management.
- Strong and sound merchandising competency.
- Solid vendor management skill and experience.
- Experience of working in multi-functional and multi-geographical environment.
- Exposure in ERP systems, preferably SAP.
- Commercially astute with track record of success and achievements.
- Champion for continuous improvement and change management.
- Customer and performance focused.
- Influencing and collaborative in establishing credibility and trust with relevant stakeholders.
- Cultural diversity aware.
- Team player.
- Passionate about building high performance team.
About the Organisation
It is a privately owned business and owns some of the world’s best sports brands and global licensees. Its global retail business brings its sourcing office a strong and stable business and it is also the winder of best workplace to work with.