Sr. Product Development Manager - Euro Lead Manufactuer - DG
Salary CNY360000 - CNY420000 per annum + Negociable
Location Dongguan Shi
Consultant Jane Chu
Date posted 11 September 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
An European Manufacturer located in Dongguan is currently looking for a Senior Product Development Manager to launch its soft goods and textiles project starting from ID conceptual design to ramp phase. It is a wonderful opportunity for soft goods background candidate to play an essential part in leading to success of product launch in terms of design, manufacturing process and quality.
- Evaluate the feasibility of selected concepts to meet functional, cosmetic and customer needs
- Design, develop and prototype new products in accordance with company & Customer Product Development process
- Evaluate the feasibility of concepts and/or prototypes through engineering testing and analysis, consistent with customer expectation
- Develop time-lines for development tasks and appraise management of performance against plan
- Evaluate, document, and implement potential design and process changes to improve product performance, manufacturability,
- Obtain components/supplies/equipment to support prototype assembly,
- Assess reliability, safety, performance and risk of new designs & methodologies; Coordinate and communicate development schedules and compatibility or design issues throughout the team continuously
- Provide input into the creation/modification of Product Specifications in alignment with
- Customer Requirements
- Transfer of designs to manufacturing through liaison with manufacturing engineering
- Pull-in and drive application of latest materials, processes & agile methodologies
- Product, Material, Tech Research
- Ownership of BOM, MIP, SOP, FC, DOE, FA, DFM and FMEA
- other / ad-hoc
- Other Functions And Responsibilities
- Perform partner visits for development of correct technology, material and application method
- Supervise tooling design
- Demonstrated leadership roles in previous positions desirable.
- Previous team management and supervision.
- Excellent public presentation and interaction skills.
- Excellent in reporting (PPT, Keynote)
- Minimum 6 years experience in similar position and field is a must, preferably from mobile accessory, automotive interior, footwear or EMS industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering
- Strong knowledge of technology platforms and systems.
- Autocad proficiency
- Proficient in all MS office applications
About the Organisation
It is a leading industry player in the field of product design & development for advanced engineered soft-goods, mobile device storage & accessories. It has an impressive range of clients and Dongguan is a wholly-owned R&D and manufacturing that industrialises design intent.