BD & Project Manager - NGO
Consultant Silvia Xu
Date posted 02 March 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
The Manager will perform a wide range of duties to drive business development and deliver and manage projects. With a strong consulting and business development background, the Manager will work with the Engagement team to create innovative solutions that deliver value to clients.
- contact potential clients and member companies to develop business opportunities, with a particular focus on consulting work.
- develop project proposals and carry out from negotiations to contract signature.
- work with U.S. and EMEA teams to create industry-wide business development strategies and follow multinational business opportunities.
- build and maintain effective communication and relationships with member companies operating in the region.
- deliver projects to the needs, expectations, and timelines of the customer.
- coordinate team capacity to properly manage multiple projects with different clients and industries.
- work collaboratively with project teams, providing guidance, support, or assistance as needed.
- communicate proactively regarding project needs, status, and updates.
- work with project teams to build an effective business development and consulting team.
- act as a team player and share knowledge across the team and organisation.
- bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline; Master's degree preferred (M.B.A., Master’s in Public Policy, Master’s of Environmental Science, etc.).
- 5-10 years of work experience in a consulting or business development role, preferably at least partly in China.
- strong and demonstrable project management experience with a skill set in relevant project management tools.
- strong writing skills and ability to translate complex issues into concise, relevant stories.
- consulting experience and/or proven ability to perform the key functions of a consultant, including: developing and maintaining client relationships, pursuing and creating business opportunities, and managing multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- excellent verbal, written, and facilitation skills in both English and Mandarin Chinese is preferred.
- willingness to undertake business travel up to 25% of the time.
- capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced entrepreneurial organisation with a collaborative environment.
About the Company:
A global NGO that works with its network to build a just and sustainable world.