Ocean Freight Capacity Analysis Manager
Salary CNY350000 - CNY400000 per annum
Consultant Lavency Zhu
Date posted 05 June 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
The purpose of the job is to secure and continuously improve service provider's (SP) operational performance in all respects (as defined by set of relevant KPIs) within an agreed frame/conditions, and maximize the optimization potential related to SP's production costs - in close cooperation with business partners and relevant supply chain stakeholders within Transport & Logistics Services (TLS), mainly with Logistical Operations Developer function.
- Service Provider's (SP) performance: Secures SP's operational performance in all respects (as defined by relevant KPIs, in relation to capacity, precision, qualitative parameters, claims, safety, etc.); identifies, monitors & implements relevant actions
- Optimal capacity: Together with SP and internal supply chain stakeholders in TLS secures optimal usage of agreed/available transport capacity vs planned/needed capacity. Secures low share of spot bookings. Actively works with capacity forecasting (mid- and short-term), identifies SP's production constraints due to peaks, volume fluctuations, etc. and, together with supply chain stakeholders in TLS finds optimal solutions leading to securing needed capacity at lowest total cost
- Porch. Process: Contributes to SP's management and development by supporting, respectively, transport purchasing process. Supports BD with Tender/other procurement activity's preparation & implementation. Contributes with local operational and market knowledge (e.g. Safety Standards). Handles contract administration.
- "Ad hoc" purchasing activities ("purchase our of tender"/"purchase out of agreed frame"/Spots): Within the mandate given, contribute to securing capacity in unforeseen situations
- New set-ups: Implements, operationally & from SP perspective, and in close cooperation with Logistical Operations Developer and other relevant functions, new SP set-ups. Contributes to development of WMs and documentation (e.g. Carrier Manual)
- Competence development: Secures and shares needed Industry competence with all relevant functions. Link between "Industry" and "Flow" dimensions, together with Logistics Operations Developer. Participates in relevant external forums / networks in order to keep up-to-date with transport trends
- Compliance: Monitors and secures execution of signed contracts vs. agreed terms & conditions. Performs compliance/spot checks at SPs to verify compliance with given parameters, such as quality of equipment, safety and security, etc.
- Preconditions for production cost-out: Creates link between SP's production planning and IKEA's transport operating frame, to find opportunities for optimization of SP's productions costs (with Total Cost perspective).
- Innovations: Follows up the innovative developments, contributes to implementation of innovative approaches both internally and at external partners
- Ocean Category specific: Prepare system set-ups for new solutions, such as Sea Preference Plan and similar
- University degree in logistics, economics, business administration or relevant working experience
- Good knowledge of functions within IKEA Supply
- Chain and how they contribute to the process
- Good knowledge of transport industry incl. market specific transport safety, security and quality standards
- Good knowledge in supply chain operations or transport planning & production
- Good knowledge about how to build and evaluate fact-based business cases
- Capability to build external relationships (Partner for
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Project Management skills
- Good knowledge of production costs and their main key drivers.
- Good knowledge of ways of securing transport performance in all respects.
- Computer skills a proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Fluency in English