Logistics Manager - Luxury/Fashion Apparel
Salary CNY550000 - CNY700000 per annum
Consultant Lavency Zhu
Date posted 30 July 2018 2018-07-302018-09-28 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
This logistics Manager will be report to GM directly and responsible for operational management in Warehousing and Distribution, Shipping, and Customer Service, Receiving, Import, Export, Purchasing, Inventory, and all other logistics functions.
- Coordinate warehousing and logistics strategies with Director of Operations of US and China General Manager to optimize most efficient and cost effective 3PL and transportation solutions
- Determine optimal frequency of orders from US
- Manage and support Trade Marketing team
- Ensure orders from customers are received and processed according to ship dates
- Manage and run reports to identify potential inventory stock outs or excess inventory situations.
- Ensure aging inventory is managed and shipped according to batch codes.
- Coordinate with in country forecasting analyst to ensure lead times and delivery timelines are appropriately considered in the forecast
- Develop methods and procedures for scheduling of finished goods from US to support customer demand and minimize cost impact.
- Manage and track shipments from USA to warehouse(s) based on forecast
- Coordinate with customer service department to ensure fill rates and customer satisfaction are optimized
- Develop and maintain transportation system on domestic and international freight that ensures business needs are met
- Negotiate rates and consult with domestic and international carriers ensuring quality and timeliness. Coordinate/consult with Director of Operations of US, as appropriate
- Manage and achieve the overall logistics department budget
- Ensure departmental costs are in line with forecasted expenses.
- Ensure Company is in compliance with laws and regulations regarding transportation, including hazardous materials.
- Review and implement all current compliance guides and HazComm and convey to shipping department.
- Manage receiving, warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program swith 3pl Warehouse.
- Develop and implement SOPs for individual tasks with regards to Picking, Packing, Shipping and Billing.
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met.
- Daily/Weekly meeting to discuss productivity and planning
- Develop training and communication program
- Use SOPs as a tool to train and recognize root causes for errors or delays
- Daily interactions with Department stores. Overseeing inventory movement to and from warehouse etc.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in an international logistics, transport, customs or trade environment
- Bilingual Mandarin and English
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven excellence in working with external consultants and service providers
- Leading cross-functional teams ensuring compliance with import /export regulations
- Strong knowledge of Customs procedures, trade compliance, and FTZ/BLP/BLC operation rules
- Strong knowledge of Operations with spotlight on importing goods and handling related compliance documentation
- Proficient in standard office software
- Proven ability to think independently and handle multiple projects through to completion
- Record of successfully collaborating with and influencing management and peers
- Proven ability to lead and manage staff
- Demonstrated independent work initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy, analytical ability and professional demeanor
- Able to perform financial calculations and create and manage budgets