Supply & Demand Planning Manager-Food
Salary CNY400000 - CNY550000 per annum
Consultant Lavency Zhu
Date posted 08 August 2018 2018-08-082018-10-07 fmcg No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
The Demand & Supply Planning Manager is a key function in the Sales & Operations Planning process and leads the Demand & Supply Planning Reviews. To develop and to coordinate plans and programs to ensure the timely availability of products to the customers, satisfying marketing plans with optimum cost and inventory levels Leading a team of 4: Assistant Demand Planning Manager, , Assistant production Manager, Material Planner, Senior supply planner
• Lead the Demand & Supply Planning process by executing the rigorous monthly S&OP Process and follows up its implementation
• Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
• Communicate closely with Supply Chain (Logistics, Procurement and Production), Merchandising and Sales Operations to help ensure product availability and efficiency. Ensure alignment of Demand Forecast with Sales Estimate.
• Work with Sales Operations and Marketing to understand promotions, new customers and product launches for the coming months / seasons, in order to build an accurate final forecast
• Schedule forecast review meetings with management on regular basis.
• Liaise with the Merchandising team to understand products sales trend, & future events that will influence inventory requirements
• Work with cross functions and the Global Supply Chain team on the development and execution of the Advanced Planning System and the ERP System.
• Work with the Merchandising team to define and measure forecast accuracy
• Work with the Finance team on Supply Chain reporting and budgeting
• Manage and develop with other Supply Chain functions to define and measure Key SCM metrics, such as forecast accuracy, fulfillment rate, sourcing lead-time, inventory level / turn / aging, savings on freight / other SC costs, etc
• Accountable for the Year End Closing Inventory Target of Pac-Rim
• Work with the Pac-Rim Supply Chain Head on Annual Budgeting
• Coordinate with suppliers for purchasing ingredients and developing forecast
• Perform routine and ad hoc analyses, as required, for management and also in support of contingency planning.
• Work closely with the Brussels and NA Teams on managing a 12 month rolling forecast
• A minimum of 7 years relevant work experience, ideally in FMCG or retail sector
• Bachelor’s degree with major in Supply Chain, Economics or other business disciplines
• Good command of spoken and written English (Mandarin is definitely an advantage)
• Solid knowledge and experience in S&OP process
• Solid working knowledge of supply chain management principles, particularly concepts, processes, systems and procedures related to Planning and Inventory Management
• Demonstrated proficiency in statistics and thorough understanding of forecasting techniques/applications, insight into the financial and operational implications inherent in supply chain decision making
• Strong computer skills and knowledge, including advanced capability in Microsoft Excel, ERP, Microsoft Access database and POS system are required. The ideal candidate should have the ability to perform advanced Excel techniques for statistical analysis and reporting required.
• Strong analytical, decision making, organizational, presentation and human relations skills. Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process. Good facilitation skills are required
• Detail-oriented and accurate
• Possess strong business sense, results oriented and focus on continuous improvement
• Excellent planning, organization, problem solving skills and good sense of priorities
About the company: Our client is a global leading food company which has a well established representation in China, Asia HQ in Shanghai.