China Import/Export Control Officer
Salary CNY300000 - CNY350000 per annum
Location Hangzhou ShiFULL_TIME
Consultant Tina Wang
Date posted 07 January 2019 2019-01-072019-03-08 manufacturing-and-production Hangzhou Shi Zhejiang CN CNY 300000 350000 350000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.cn https://www.robertwalters.cn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A rarely seen China Import/Export Control; Officer role has just become available at one of the most respected international company based in Hangzhou, reporting to CFO.
- the china import / export control officer is responsible for a wide range of critical commercial activities and legal compliance for maximal and its trading subsidiaries in China and Hongkong, shanghai forklift ltd, the IPO representative offices, and the Bolzoni China subsidiaries (collectively, the “china operations”) under laws and regulations relating to: import of raw materials, components, and products; the export and sale of finished goods; and U.S., European, and Chinese trade licensing and sanctions
- trade sanctions compliance. manage all elements of trade sanctions compliance with applicable laws (including but not limited to sanctions relating to denied parties, business sectors, and embargoed countries) for the China operations. ensure completion of sanctions screening for all business partners of the China operations (e.g. dealers, resellers, vendors, suppliers, and known end-user customers) prior to entering into any business transaction with the business partner
- end-user clearance. develop and manage a process for obtaining end-user and end-use certificates from dealers and resellers for product sales in high-risk countries; research and analyze end-user and end-use information and provide instructions to the sales organisations on whether the sale to the dealer/reseller can be completed
- U.S. and other applicable export licensing laws. develop and manage a process for evaluation of all sales to ensure compliance with U.S. and other applicable export licensing laws
- Import / export activities. manage and oversee the china operations import and export activities to ensure compliance with Chinese and country of origin and destination customs, import, and export requirements. supervise and manage responses to all government audits and inspections
- anti-boycott regulations. manage a process to identify and reject and contract provisions that implicate participation in a boycott of trade with any country as prohibited by U.S. law; provide reports as needed to regarding any instances of boycott requests
- training. be a source of information and provide training to the China operations on allowable and disallowable trading activities for the China operations organisation
- Having rich knowledge on import and export is a must. You ideally should be used to working in an international company.
- university degree; advanced training in internal audit, internal control / compliance or import / export / customs desirable
- minimum five years of experience in a similar role; familiarity with u.s., European and Chinese export and trade regulations required; prior experience with a western-headquartered manufacturing company desirable
- strong control and compliance mindset, linked to good communication skills
- ability to take ownership and drive tasks to completion with little oversight
- ability to work across multiple business functions and china locations to ensure the best understanding of process requirements to ensure 100% compliance
- ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation, providing insight and making key decisions; strong English language skills required
- attention to detail and strong analytical skills; excel and data base skills necessary for KPI tracking
About the organisation:
This world-renowned company has been in the industry for almost 100 years. They offer competitive benefits, as well as an industry-leading practice of performance-based bonuses to their employees. Employees also enjoy the freedom and autonomy to design their workday according to their unique styles and needs.