Location Guangzhou Shi
Consultant Joanne Li
Date posted 20 March 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
This is an exciting opportunity to work in one of the most global companies.
- To be responsible for running factory operations smoothly, with optimisation of all activities and resources, to ensure fastest possible “Supply Response” With quality products and services.
- To manage all factory-related affairs which include HSE, manufacturing, maintenance, engineering, warehouse, manpower planning, people training & development and machineries upgrading and lowering costs of manufacturing.
- To manage the on-site operations and production teams to ensure that production plans are executed.
- To manage the Site maintenance job as Plant facilities/Production & Lab Equipment etc. to reduce unscheduled down time and keep manufacture site run smoothly.
- To implement and manage production processes that will give maximum output efficiency from manpower and machines. Study how to lower costs in a rolling basis for production process or materials.
- To check the quality of finished products
- To Evaluate and plan the expansion of projects as requested by senior management. We are looking to extend the factory at the moment.
- To Supervise production and delivery of finished goods as per production schedule in coordination with Supply Chain, Production, Logistics and Quality Assurance team.
- Implement continuous improvement process and integrate and optimise all the various systems of site operations to enhance quality, safely and environmental protection.
- With Group Procurement, agree items for local purchase and where Group requires assist / lead purchasing of items to benefit the Group. Manage the resulting activities. To ensure best standard of purchases technically and commercially.
- To implement and manage processes that will deliver the HSE standards set by the Group.
- Ensure/ monitor the HSE compliance as per guidelines and also sole responsibility of the HSE compliance at factory.
- To ensure implementation of all production related processes and create a Production Manual.
- To manage the maintenance department and implement preventative maintenance in order to ensure proper running of all machines and minimum maintenance downtime.
- Manage the Engineering team to ensure rapid response to breakdowns and to instigate regular preventative maintenance.
- To ensure optimum utilisation of existing equipment while maintaining them in a good working condition.
- To study if with R+D we could innovate weather in materials for eye wear, or in materials or
- AI or machine learning as we want to innovate in the sector. Some brands in the industry start with 3d printing, and we want to explore that.
- To keep regular interaction with the workers, and encourage them to participate in the overall health & safety requirements and process improvements.
- Monitor and review problems regarding production with the Production Team Leaders, create solutions and adapt production plan accordingly.
- Manage and motivate the teams within the department, set and agree objectives, monitor performance and provide the necessary support to enable staff to meet their objectives and develop their full potential.
- To ensure that products manufactured meet the required quality standards. To ensure fastest possible “supply Response” with quality products, as per ISO guidelines.
- To coordinate with the supply chain and customer service departments on production planning, Raw Material availability and stock control daily.
- Monitor and control inventory to optimise customer requirements and minimise working capital requirements.
- To prepare monthly production report and other management report.
- Set manufacturing targets and plans, develop methods to improve the manufacturing process and utilise the fixed assets to their full extent.
- With the senior sales staff to adopt best practice in production planning, agreeing stock levels, delivery criteria, etc. and then manage the same.
- With the Sales and Finance teams, agree best practice in Order to Cash processes and organisation, and then manage the same.
- Monitor the performance of machinery and equipment
- Oversee all staff related to the production activities.
- Manage production lines: technical and productivity of machines, routine maintenance, repair and replacement as needed.
- Experience in Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Logistics, Site Management and team leadership
- Capable of making quick decision under pressure
- Ability to disseminate information to staff and communicate effectively to deliver timely results
- Strong communication skills
- Capable of identifying and solving complex issues.
- Leadership and mentoring skills to get the most out of their team.
- Understanding of ERP systems.
- Strong English skills both spoken and written.